PDA

View Full Version : Water Leak

irng
16th January 2008, 01:57 PM
I have a water leak in one of my bathroom. I have caulked the tub, reseated the toilet, ran water through all the drain lines, could not locate the leak. The drain in the tub was just checked and changed by a Plumber. The flanges around the Tub handles are sealed. The Tile does not have any noticeable cracks. Any other ideas as to what to do to find the leak, or places to check. :(

Super Galie
18th January 2008, 10:18 AM
helo irng,

your case sounds very complicated. You might want to check out the professional.....and ask for 2nd opinion....

happylalapo
15th April 2008, 07:23 PM
there is a special grouting that you can do that will stop the leak..... you can find the plumber no from the directory in this site ....

I once rent an apartment with a bad leak..... guess what my owner did, she actually place a pail under the leaking area .... ai yo cannot believe there are such landlord ..... i was very upset.... she explained to me that she could not find a soluton to it..... i got the plumber in and the plumber did a grouting for the entire bathroom ceiling and it was okay after that.......

irng
16th April 2008, 09:14 AM
hi happylalapo, how much did you spend?

happylalapo
16th April 2008, 05:17 PM
about $800

irng
17th April 2008, 09:19 AM
it's quite expensive huh. is this the normal rate? just one bath room for $800. wow. thanks for your sharing.

eileenlim
18th April 2008, 09:04 AM
there is a special grouting that you can do that will stop the leak..... you can find the plumber no from the directory in this site ....

I once rent an apartment with a bad leak..... guess what my owner did, she actually place a pail under the leaking area .... ai yo cannot believe there are such landlord ..... i was very upset.... she explained to me that she could not find a soluton to it..... i got the plumber in and the plumber did a grouting for the entire bathroom ceiling and it was okay after that.......

hi happylalapo, what is grouting?

irng
19th April 2008, 09:10 AM
hi happylalapo, what is grouting?

eileenlim,
grouting is a thin plaster for finishing walls and ceilings. when applied, it will sealed up the cracks and thus prvent leaks.