PDA

View Full Version : Chinese New Year Goodies!

euniceling
17th January 2008, 10:12 AM
Hi All, Time to buy chinese new year goodies! Pineapple Tarts? Spicy Prawn Rolls? Tired of those found at chain bakeries and supermarket. Any good suggestions?

irng
17th January 2008, 06:06 PM
How can you miss out BBQ pork. My favourite. Where to get those non-fatty and soft type?

irng

vivientan
18th January 2008, 09:44 AM
Hi All, Time to buy chinese new year goodies! Pineapple Tarts? Spicy Prawn Rolls? Tired of those found at chain bakeries and supermarket. Any good suggestions?

Hi

My mum sells home-made CNY goodies like pineapple tarts, almond cookies, kuah lapis, kueh bangkit etc. She's been in the business for more than 20 years. Can arrange for some sampling if you are interested. Email me at ponine@singnet.com.sg. :)

vivientan
18th January 2008, 09:47 AM
How can you miss out BBQ pork. My favourite. Where to get those non-fatty and soft type?

irng

My all time fave is Lim Chee Guan bak kua! :p But everytime CNY sure long queue!

However, passed by Chinatown yesterday, seems like the long queues have not started yet. So, for those interested, better hurry before the queues start!

mewx
18th January 2008, 10:36 AM
Yah yah ..CNY is always a time to get fed and get fat !

Sorry Vivien, but lately I think I read somewhere in the papers, about being careful when purchase food products over internet, blog, or other sources that is not registered with AVA. Does your mum get questions like that? :(

Personally, I am okay so long as there are good referrals from friends then I would trust the source. Only those isolated vendors, I won't dare to try.