PDA

View Full Version : Bedsheet Needed!

ling
17th January 2008, 10:29 AM
Hi guys, time to throw out the old and bring in the new again!

Thinking of changing my bedsheet to a more cheery design. But i'm quite particular with the fabric and comfort. My mom used to buy bedsheet for me... but this year i got to get my own. Anyone can advice how to go about getting comfy ones at reasonable price???

cookies
17th January 2008, 05:50 PM
I always buy my bedsheet in Ikea or wait till sale from Robinson or John Little. They have alot brands and of good quality as well. Can check out the next expo sale.

Super Galie
18th January 2008, 10:15 AM
Check out Friven, Barang barang or Aussino .....

some of my fav!

don enemy
17th June 2008, 03:15 PM
i love aussino. their products quality have never let me down. very comfortable and price still affordable for me.

happylalapo
18th June 2008, 04:05 PM
bedsheets - l love bedsheets! Especially white one.

Important in buying bedsheet is the thread count. The more the thread count the more comfortable it is.

I think you have to buy minimum 220 thread count type, better still if it is above 300... so comfy you will really enjoy your sleep.

You can buy reasonably cheap one at Robinson Sales. I only buy them during sales cause you can save up to 40% in price.

I do not recommend Ikea - unless your bed is from there. Cause the sheets do not feed properly.

A good bedsheet must feed nicely that is after you lay your bedsheet there is no loose ends can be uncomfortable when you sleep- so make sure you know your mattress size like the thickness of your mattress.

Babyrie
18th June 2008, 04:12 PM
hey, i think colour is important too. Right Happylalapo?

The fitted sheet is better to be plain without any embroidery, cause if there is you will feel uncomfortable sleeping on it. A friend told me she bought a beautiful expensive sheets with high thread count, very comfortable but there are some embrodiery design that keep poking on them and she and her husband could not sleep? :D

don enemy
19th June 2008, 09:48 AM
hi babyrie,

so funny. ya i do agree. some designs with embroidery might be pretty to look at but when you wake up in the morning, might find the prints on your face :D

i guess if you know ' the time of your mth' is around the corner, for that period, better don't use your expensive bedsheets or you might find them become reddish in the morning :eek:

cookies
19th June 2008, 03:34 PM
plain is the best fitted sheet is the best. for pillow case and quilt some designs is good. i keep my room colours in 2 basic colours, blue and white so my bedsheets are in that colour as well.

huey
30th June 2008, 06:26 PM
i love those that are made of natural materials like linen ones. those synthetic ones always become so hot after awhile i start kicking my blanket!

bookworm
10th July 2008, 06:33 PM
the best material is cotton and silk, linen, i think too rough and poky

happylalapo
30th August 2008, 05:30 PM
hey, the other day a girlfriend of mine who is someone known for her crazy love for bedsheets, excitedly shared with me that she nearly bought a set of bedsheets for $1000 from Robinson, the price is after discount.

She told me the bedsheets is make of 100% silk, excellent plain design, so nice what stop her from buying is it can only be dry clean.

A question arise, what is the difference between wearing a silk pajamas and sleeping on silk beddings???

Ha! Ha!