PDA

View Full Version : Renting Vs Buying

milooi
12th January 2011, 11:54 AM
A friend of mine said she doesn't renting a house for the rest of her life. I told her it's better to buy. What do you all think about this?

kwee34
17th January 2011, 02:19 PM
If u buy a house, it can be considered an investment. Whereas renting, it's a liability.

Bill
29th January 2011, 04:37 AM
This is a great time to buy property, but as an investment it will be many years in this market before you would see a profit. choose your house wisely as you will be living there for a long time. be prepared to incur the expense of home maintenance. If you are young and unsettled this would not be a good option.

cookies
5th September 2011, 06:46 PM
but now buying a house is not neccessary an investment. you can lost $ from investing in property too.

valeriewalton
12th October 2011, 03:41 PM
It would be much better to buy our own house than to rent it would help you save more. Upon renting yes you only pay a certain amount monthly but the house would never be yours since you are only renting it.

cookies
14th October 2011, 03:59 PM
actually if you taka a loan from the bank, you are also considered renting from the bank what cos you don't own the deed.

happylalapo
14th October 2011, 04:51 PM
It depends.

If the rental is cheap it may not be a bad option to rent.

Of course bearing in mind that when you pay rental you do not get back any returns, the money is literally thrown away.

Some people will choose to rent because what they bought they rent it out and collect an income from that and rent a cheaper place.

It make sense if the party involve do not have a family as moving around renting with a family is not a good idea. With Kids you should give them a sense of security and moving around will certainly not give them any security in my view.

Maverick
24th October 2011, 03:03 PM
Buying a house is a better then renting a house..Because buying a house is your investment while renting is just liability and you can easily find large number of good houses if you'll contact some expert real estate agent..!!

fellascarpet
30th December 2011, 02:31 PM
A friend of mine said she doesn't renting a house for the rest of her life. I told her it's better to buy. What do you all think about this?
I think buy a house is better than Renting for rest of whole life....