PDA

View Full Version : Which Internet company is the best?

lion
17th January 2011, 02:53 PM
With the recent update of Fiber optic in all house whole, which company would provide the most reliable service ? In terms of service and price.?

cookies
19th January 2011, 02:34 AM
I presently got a Starhub toggle the network is terrible, always from 3G-3.5G. Some people says that 3G still able to surf the net really well, but not for Starhub i reckon. In the past used to be so much better maybe over crowding of network leads to slow connection. Taking in too much profit but giving so much less to the people.

irng
19th January 2011, 12:54 PM
Singtel seems to be the one provider to throw in free portable modem, netbook, and a wifi hub. :)

irng
20th January 2011, 11:06 AM
oh also starhub sucks big time. i used them for over a decade and now they say i have an outstanding bill of over $600 from singapore cable vision days due to no return of the box. i told them that i have returned and even if i have not why i did not receive any lawyer letter from them. that account was more then 8 years ago. now they denied me of any upgrades. :mad:

cookies
21st January 2011, 07:08 PM
Be very careful b4 signing up any contract will have lots of liabilities in the later stage. :)

janeng
21st January 2011, 11:37 PM
aiya all these telcos also smart lar, let you buy handphone $300 - $400 cheaper and try you down for 2 years. everything also cannot do, not happy with them also cannot terminate.

evel
22nd January 2011, 12:41 PM
Ya lor always make us pay n pay. If there are another telco company in sillypore it would be great competition. ;)

eileenlim
22nd January 2011, 06:23 PM
Singtel now comes with a 15 Mbps + 1.5 Mbps mobile broadband =75.9/ mth + free Samsung Galaxy Tab. (this plan for 24 mths)
Hope it helps.

eileenlim
22nd January 2011, 06:39 PM
To add: M1 has also a student promo of having $39/mth for 100 Mbps. So if u have daughter or son or nephew or niece could subscribe using their name to get the benefits.
Since Starhub are having such bad reviews think would just leave it out. :D

JuJu
25th January 2011, 04:01 PM
Eileen thks for the infor. Great help with those prices, could get my niece to apply for the student deal. But can a 4 yr old apply ? :p

eileenlim
25th January 2011, 04:46 PM
Hi Juju,

Not sure about 4 yr old as they did not specify the age limit, believed any student will do, even for a K1-K2 student. ;)

JuJu
29th January 2011, 05:39 PM
A website was stating some competition for all the different prices for singapore prices.

http://www.techgoondu.com/2010/09/01/singapores-new-fibre-optic-broadband-plans-so-far/

lion
9th February 2011, 12:30 PM
Seriously we keep going round in circles, meaning always with 3 telco company.......sigh.....where is the competition ? Today in Digital Life saw a comment in the first page on Starhub, it seems that starhub is not as reliable as it seems with so much neagative feedback. :eek:

eileenlim
12th February 2011, 09:49 PM
Pacnet are into corporate if you are interested ? http://sg.pacnet.com/

cookies
22nd February 2011, 05:30 PM
Yah all of this so call cooperate they just keep profiteering. Give the poor people a chance to survived lah.....;)