PDA

View Full Version : Hard-to-maintain Furniture

Interior Designer
21st March 2011, 11:33 AM
What's the furniture you find hardest to maintain?

hazel
21st March 2011, 03:39 PM
Wooden furniture, need to clean often as dust traps in between the lines of the carving / patterns. Then there is the bugs wood bugs that stay in there once the wood is not properly treated. And getting rid of it takes lots of time to locate the eggs. And always need to polish.
The problems are heard from your friendly maid next door. :D

JuJu
23rd March 2011, 12:33 PM
Those sofa with heavy padding. Tried to clean my sofa right in between the lines, found coins, dirt, peanuts, hair etc........yucks........ Luckily wore gloves.

milooi
23rd March 2011, 02:56 PM
peanuts?? hahahah..

lion
27th March 2011, 03:06 PM
Juju luckily no meat pieces or else i will be there. Roarrrrrrr.......:D

cookies
28th March 2011, 04:02 PM
Anyone tried cleaning Rattan furniture ? That is difficult especially in between the joints. Then there are those mini spider web. Very difficult.

lion
29th March 2011, 01:34 PM
Rattan.......that brings back memories of my parents caning me while running around half naked. :D

janeng
4th April 2011, 03:01 PM
Thought lion can run pretty fast to avoid all obstacles ? :D

anit
6th April 2011, 12:02 AM
Yes rattan is really a pain when it comes to cleaning. Usually the old generation use a big of flame to clean thoroughly.

maryelliot
19th April 2011, 01:17 PM
Anyone tried cleaning Rattan furniture ? That is difficult especially in between the joints. Then there are those mini spider web. Very difficult.

I have Rattan furniture.It can be waxed, painted, course dusted or polished. Wetting of any furniture whether it is a cane or wicker or the rattan furniture is not good. Dusting on a usual basis avoids scratching on the furniture. Use clothes and brush or normally wipe over furniture and cleaning dust particles. It is suggested to do this in a week.Use a sponge and soft cloth dip in soapy water. Avoid detergent that contain chemical, it may prove harmful for furniture. Always use soft soap for wiping rattan furniture.

Jeremyclark30
20th October 2011, 07:29 PM
Then there is the bugs club bugs that stick in there erst the wind is not right burned. And effort rid of it takes lots of example to regain the eggs. And e'er necessity to smoothness. Wooden furniture, pauperization to straighten oft as detritus traps in between the lines of the art / patterns. Those couch with leaden artefact. Proved to antiseptic my sofa tract in between the lines, open coins, grime, peanuts, tomentum etc........yucks........ Luckily wore handwear.

(http://www.fotolusio.com.au)

cookies
21st October 2011, 10:02 AM
got detergent that don't contain chemical meh? i always use dettol to clean everything. i like the smell and it kills baterial

smakkill
7th December 2011, 06:23 PM
In my opinion wooden sofa set and out door garden furniture are hardest to maintain.Both furniture have to need chemical treatment every year and wash it regularly.

cookies
8th December 2011, 08:04 AM
i think rattan or fabric furniture is difficult to maintain too.

nicolett
11th January 2012, 12:53 AM
For me, wicker and bamboo furniture are hard to maintain among the other type of furniture.

irng
30th January 2012, 02:06 PM
buy bean bag lor. too soft filled it with syrofoam, torn just sew back :highly_amused:

Lynn Clarence
23rd August 2013, 12:25 AM
yeah i agreed with wooden furniture.its very difficult to maintain...

Jeck0
30th August 2013, 11:45 AM
Every beautiful house must contain with beautiful furniture which makes it more beautiful and attractive, Many types of beautiful furniture makes house elegance and eye catching.Furniture also needs its care and maintenance for its durability.IF you have beautiful furniture then you have to look after it and maintain it when its need it.