PDA

View Full Version : What the most effective Chinese Medicine for Flu?

cookies
24th March 2011, 02:41 PM
Recently got the flu bug, which is hurting my chest due to Phlegm and worse those nasty green ones. Anyone knows of what kind of Chinese Liang Teh that would be effective for Flu ?

anit
25th March 2011, 04:19 PM
Maybe can try the 24 herbal tea great for flu which works wonder for my family. Can buy it from all Chinese medicine stores.

janeng
27th March 2011, 02:04 PM
Can try a home brew using Luo han guo and chrysanthemum flowers. Good for cooling purposes. Cough works wonder also.

cookies
28th March 2011, 04:05 PM
Honey + lemon mix to be a drink, good for throat. Ladies drink

lion
29th March 2011, 01:30 PM
In chinese medicine shop they sell this kind of tablets called Niu Huang Jie Du Pian. The worse sore throat just put 1 in the mouth and let it dissolved. (Warning extreme bitterness, but super effective)

eileenlim
31st March 2011, 03:51 PM
If sore throat never leave home without strepsils and if want to recover fast better to get Max ones where the whole mouth and throat will be numb.

evel
3rd April 2011, 05:09 PM
Chrysanthemums with wolfberry will help to cool down the body and improved the eye sight.

anit
4th April 2011, 03:12 PM
Traditional malay medicines uses Tolak Angin (A mixture of mushroom (Jamu))which get rids of body wind and Adem Sari (Taste like ENO) which removes body heat. Both serves the purposes of getting well from flu.

evel
18th April 2011, 03:09 PM
Tonic water + salt, Olandia water, gets rid of bodily heat.
Most workable of all especially a long tiring day at work, a nice cold beer. :cool:

anit
28th April 2011, 04:24 PM
Nothing beats a nice dose of anti biotic. Went to poly clinic a couple of times and the stupid doc keep saying i just suffering from normal cold and flu but is suffering from Acute bronchitis. And prescribed me the same medicine expect for a stronger dose of anti biotic. The whole affair made me suffer for 3-4 weeks. Crazy doctor.

zhiwei
29th April 2011, 01:20 PM
Nothing beats a nice dose of anti biotic. Went to poly clinic a couple of times and the stupid doc keep saying i just suffering from normal cold and flu but is suffering from Acute bronchitis. And prescribed me the same medicine expect for a stronger dose of anti biotic. The whole affair made me suffer for 3-4 weeks. Crazy doctor.

Be careful as too much anti biotics will make you succumb to stronger viruses. Like the india super bug.

JuJu
20th May 2011, 04:43 PM
Just read Yahoo today and they were saying that Garlic apply on skin directly for 1 hr 1 time weekly will help to kill off acne bacteria.