Thread: Round or rectangular dining table - which do you like and why?

Smile Round or rectangular dining table - which do you like and why?

When it comes to dining table, I find it hard to choose between round or rectangular... Both is good though..

Round or rectangular dining table - which do you like and why?

Choosing between a rectangular and round dining room table is often a challenge. Sometimes its hard to know if a table's shape is right for a room until you place the table in the room and it looks too big, too small or just awkward.

For me a choice of dining table whether it is round or rectangle very much depends on the layout of the apartment and the feel I would like to create.

The no of people using the table is also a consideration. Sometimes culture are also a considerations.

I think in the old days, our parents would definitely go for a round table than a rectangular one, they believe round table represents union.

We also have to consider whether you have young children, somehow round table is safer with children as they do not have sharp edges.

The table has to be both practical and aesthetic.

Round dining tables are more casual and it saves much space than the rectangular one. It also improves the style of the dining room a unique one. rectangular dining table requires enough space and looks like an official conference table.

Consider the function of the table - What's the daily functions of your dining table? If it's for the kids to do homework, games, crafts, a round table will be able to accomodate everyone in the family. If your table serves as an office desk, a square table would be easier to organise. If the table is just for dining, a table of either shape is fine.

I like round tables as it's 团团圆圆