Thread: Who should have this space ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Who should have this space ?

Just saw a true scenario this is a straight stretch of HDB parking area. A lorry waited for a parking lot at the front of the entrance to wait for any "Out going" cars. A passenger walking towards his car was just getting out at that time, then zoom came in a sedan car going in all the way towards the "outgoing" lot. The lorry follow behind and went head in after the car left, completely ignoring the sedan.

Sedan driver argue with lorry driver.

Who is right and who should have this parking lot ?

is the lorry near the lot, if not then i think the sedan should have the lot. there is not such thing as waiting near the exit so if any moves out he get's the lot here. in sg, it's whoever near the lot gets it, even if you have waited there 15 mins and that lucky fellow comes in and get a lot immediately.

the lorry was not really near the lot, he wa like waiting at the exit area. just like you know ladies go toilet they will q at the entrance, the next available lot they will go.

Did the sedan signal his intention of parking, as myself have a fair share of people who wait drop or wait for their passenger. And the just stop there. If i'm the lorry driver did not see any wrong with taking the lot.

There is no right nor wrong.

Usually whoever is the nearest get to take the lot even if another vehicle somewhere near has been waiting for a longer time.

But as a matter of courtesy, if the sedan did not signal his intention, nothing wrong with the lorry taking the lot on top of that not forgetting the lorry was originally waiting first.

yar lor, like i said it's whoever the nearest get it.