Just want to share this food review with fellow happy family here

Went to Aji by Hanabi 2 weeks ago with 3 galfrens for buffet dinner. The damage is $42++ per pax but was pampered by the darn good thick succulent (donno can use this word to describe) SALMON sashimi. Its fresh, sweet and cut in big thick slices. If there is anything to complain, its definitely because its too big and I cant squeeze into my mouth all at once!

Tempura prawns was not too bad. Good batter with good sized prawns. Order was served promptly and well mannered waitress. Cold noodles, zaru soba was so-so, without quail egg

Ordered alot of grilled items and turned out pretty fine, except for the grilled ****ake mushroom which turned out more steamed than grilled to me! It looks whitish (without any sauce or any grilled surface). Giving it the benefit of the doubt, i sank my teeth into it and as expected it is tasteless, soft and slimey. Totally disgusting ! Told the waitress to grill the rest of the 3 sticks and add some sauce... 5 - 10 mins later, she emerged with the 'revamped' grilled ****ake. Very hesitant to try, as it still appears steamed to me, I let my gal frens check it out before taking the step of faith. It turns out slightly better but still disappointing. That mushroom dish was my last of the day and sad to say that the total experience @ Aji hanabi, started off pretty well but ended up badly.....

Ask if i will try again. Yes I will. For the thick succulent salmon sashimi, most definitely.

-- by food critic, nikuku