Thread: Stamp Duty

Default Stamp Duty

is there a difference in the stamp duty rate with a singaporean and a foreigner when buying a property.

Quote Originally Posted by lion View Post
    is there a difference in the stamp duty rate with a singaporean and a foreigner when buying a property.
    May be. i m not sure about it. because i m Indian that's why i can't help it...

Quote Originally Posted by lion View Post
    I think definitely there will be a difference in stamp duty for a foreigner as compared to Singapore citizen..!!

It was the same until the government's new measures a few months back. Foreigners now have to pay an additional stamp duty of 10% on top of the original tiered 3% (1st $180,000 at 1%, next $180,000 at 2%, above $360,000 at 3%).

As a guide Stamp Duty calculation has a formula, assuming property purchase is above $360,000, the formulae is

3% of the purchase price less $5400

As a Singaporean:

if you buy your 1st and 2nd property - stamp duty will be base on the above formulae.
    if you buy your 3rd property - stamp duty will be base on the above formula plus 3%.

As a PR:
    if you buy your first property - stamp duty will be base on the above formulae.
    if you buy your second property - stamp duty will be base on the above formulae plus 3%.

As a foreigner :
    if you buy your first property or any no - stamp duty will be base on the above formulae plus 10%

You can also use this calculator to calculate your stamp fees

http://www.myhousingloan.com.sg/hous...calculator.php