Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AC/DC Inverter/Non-inverter aircons?

Default AC/DC Inverter/Non-inverter aircons?

Hi guys, I'm thinking of upgrading my aircon. Not sure whether to get an inverter or non-inverter, AC or DC. Any feedback is much appreciated!

yar i want to know what's the difference too?

It depends on your usage. My aircon contractor told me if I use the aircon daily for long hours, energy efficiency becomes more important and that I should buy a DC inverter aircon. But from what I can see from this article http://www.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne+...422-61154.html, this may just be theoretical...

Thanks mhhouse! The sales guy I spoke with claimed that the cost savings between an AC and DC inverter is around 10% -15% and another 10% - 15% for inverter vs non-inverter but when I asked whether there was any proper case studies carried out, he couldn't really tell me one...

Share my experience with you.

I am using inverter air-con daikin, they were good during the first 2 years of usage but on the 3rd year, circuit board became faulty than have to change the part, it is costly and only daikin can do the repair. Everytime a part became faulty the cost of repair is at least $150 and above

I think for the price and the repair cost I am paying, I am doubting if saving energy cost can cover these repairs cost and the cost of the installations ?

but saving energy means the earth means saving us. you are doing a good deed.

If the difference is less than $50, I think I'll surely go for the inverter. However, difference in price between single split non-inverter vs inverter is around $200 - $300. It's uncertain whether an inverter aircon is going to save this amount during its lifetime. My friend was telling me that ticks is more important. He bought a 3 ticks non-inverter aircon 9000 btu and a 2 ticks inverter also at 9000 btu and both aircons electricity usage is around the same. The 3 ticks is also cheaper but I think that's because he bought the 3 ticks one much later.

Hmm, single split inverter aircons is a weird concept. I thought inverter aircons only save electricity when they do not operate on full load. If it's a single split, then it will surely be operating on full load right? How does the single split inverter aircon save electricity in this case?

Yoyo chicken buddy, you are partly right lah! Inverter also save energy because fan coil don't have to start and stop mah.

Whats the different between inverter and non inverter aircon?
    I heard people say that non inverter aircon would cost more when servicing, is it true?