Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AC/DC Inverter/Non-inverter aircons?

Compressors of inverter aircons run continuously whereas non-inverters' will switch off when the temperature is below the set temperature. The non-inverter's compressor will switch on again when the temperature goes up. This switching on and off is why non-inverter aircons consume more electricity (thanks ah boy for the tip!)

Not entirely sure here but I don't think non-inverter aircon servicing is more expensive.
    Last edited by Curry Chicken; 8th March 2012 at 08:48 PM.

No lah, inverter aircon servicing is a bit more ex than non-inverter. Also inverter aircon is quieter and compressor lifespan also supposed to be longer. Because don't need to start stop. But compressor longer, aircon not so long. My old non-inverter, 10+ years still ok. My 6 year old inverter keep dripping water every night
    Last edited by Ah Boy; 8th March 2012 at 09:44 PM.

non inverter aircon less repairing cost, inverter aircon more sensitive and the parts replacement also more expensive than non inverter. the cost of inverter aircon equipment and repairing can cover the cost u saving on electricity? this is depend on u luck only. same the before TV big size giant and now change to LCD,LED TV much lighter and energy save, but which type much last longer?
    Last edited by hokwng; 28th March 2012 at 03:01 PM.