Thread: Refrigerator magnets

Question Refrigerator magnets

Hihi...! Need some advice on refrigerator magnets.

My mum told me to remove magnets from the refrigerator as her friend told her that magnets increase the energy consumption of the refrigerator due to induction. Is it true?

Wah, nvr hear before got such thing! Don't think will affect lah. Fridge door also got magnet wat

Refrigerator magnet is not strong enough to affect the motor and the motor is mounted far enough from the outside of the door. So it will not increase the energy consumption!

Red face

Phew... Luckily it doesn't affect, I love collecting refrigerator magnets and stick all over the fridge..!

I will show you some of my magnets.. and some of them contain useful information which I think most household will have it too.. hehe

Do you have any nice & cute magnets to share with us?
    Attached Images Attached Images

huh really meh? my fridge got a lot magnets leh.

Thanks you!! What about the payment schedule theRefrigerator . I'm curious about the working of that wonder invention.
    Last edited by Regent45; 6th August 2013 at 01:02 PM.

I have never heard anything like that before. But I know this that if the magnets are removed you will not get the right amount of cooling. As the heat emission in the external unit of the refrigerator will not be at its full potential.

whoa, what a crazy thought. I'm glad that it sounds like it's not an issue. I was almost thinking that it would be the end to refrigerator magnets as we know them all over the world. I'm thinking that maybe if you had a really really powerful one, it might have some effect. My little plastic puppy magnets look so innocent, I can't imagine them being a problem.
    Believe you can and you're halfway there. -Theodore Roosevelt

Magdents don't increase electricity consumption! My only problem with magnets if it is too much and really heavy so that may add to the weight capacity of your fridge.