Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ants everywhere? How?

Default ants everywhere? How?

there are ants everywhere.... running me crazy... can someone advise me best solution to this "ants problem"

the most conventional way - insecticide. but you must be able to trace the nest to eliminate the whole army. my house has this similar problem as well but they don't come in an army, they are just solitary soldier doing their rounds so when i see them i just use the most immediate and mighty solution - my finger.

Hello mcpqueen,

Try some of these:
    The 1st thing to do is to remove the attractants:
    -keep counters free of crumbs and sticky spots.

-Cover the sugar and put the honey jar in a plastic baggie.

-Cut off water sources such as drips or dishes left soaking overnight.

If the problem still persist, try these simple measures:
    -Keep a small spray bottle handy, and spray the ants with a bit of soapy water.

-Trace the ant column back to their point of entry. Mix a half teaspoon each of honey, borox, and aspartame (Equal, Nutrasweet, etc.), in small bottles. Place bottles on their sides, with lids off, in areas of most ant activity. Ants will carry the bait back to their colonies.

-Once confirm the point of entry, set any of the following items at the entry area in a small line, which ants will not cross: cayenne pepper, citrus oil (can be soaked into a piece of string), lemon juice, cinnamon or coffee grounds. Important: use indoors only; must be kept away from pets and children.

-Set out cucumber peels or slices in the kitchen or at the ants' point of entry. Many ants have a natural aversion to cucumber. Bitter cucumbers work best.

-Leave a few tea bags of mint tea near areas where the ants seem most active. Dry, crushed mint leaves or cloves also work as ant deterrents.

-Leave a small, low wattage night light on for a few nights in the area of most ant activity. The change in light can disrupt and discourage their foraging patterns.

-Ants on the deck? Slip a few cut up cloves of garlic between the cracks.
    Last edited by duffyduck; 8th May 2008 at 04:09 PM.

wow duffyduck,

i am impressed with your suggestions. very knowledgable.

me... when i discovered an army of them at my door... i pour lots of water over them to flush them down the corridor drain. immediate clearance

my experience with ants, is to clean the areas with dettol. It works wonder, ants hates dettol.

i have this small army of ants in my house. they are tiny and love to swim in the water. my flask of water always have alot of ants swimming. the problem is when you throw away the water, thinking that they are all dead but they are not, they are up and about again.

i wonder what kind of ants are these? water proof ants?

maybe you can try this tip

First, pick up some boric acid powder and mix a small amount of it 50:50 with sugar. Next, put some of this mix into a small container such as the the cap from a 1.5 litre bottle. Finally, drop some water into it to make a thick suspension. That's it — you're now ready to kill some ants.

Quote Originally Posted by vincehu564 View Post
    maybe you can try this tip

First, pick up some boric acid powder and mix a small amount of it 50:50 with sugar. Next, put some of this mix into a small container such as the the cap from a 1.5 litre bottle. Finally, drop some water into it to make a thick suspension. That's it — you're now ready to kill some ants.
    you mean it will work like those insert killer where you placed in some dark corners and waiting for ants to commit sucide is it?

hey evel,

i actually know this one. this solution actually prevent ants from showing up. ants dont like the scent of that so just leave this around the area where ants usually show up. soon enough, they will just disappear.