Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ants everywhere? How?

Quote Originally Posted by myong406 View Post
    hey evel,

i actually know this one. this solution actually prevent ants from showing up. ants dont like the scent of that so just leave this around the area where ants usually show up. soon enough, they will just disappear.
    where to get the boric acid? hardware shop? is it toxic cos i have a dog i don't want to murder her

dont worry cookies. boric acid is not toxic as its toxicity is approximately the same as salt. u can get boric acid at hardware stores or maybe even large supermarkets

ok ok thanks myong406. will check it out.

=) good luck with the war against the ants

Another alternative is to place baby powder along the base of all doors, windows, and any other opening. Ants will not cross a baby powder line as it kills them immediately. This is one method of how to get rid of ants quickly and safely too =)

this would be so interesting to try but too bad for me. i dont have any ant problems at home.

i paid like $100 to pest control, they simply spray some toxic chemicals all around the house and NO ANTS for the next 1-1.5 years

not a good idea if you have pets or children in the home

Quote Originally Posted by milooi View Post
    Another alternative is to place baby powder along the base of all doors, windows, and any other opening. Ants will not cross a baby powder line as it kills them immediately. This is one method of how to get rid of ants quickly and safely too =)
    Baby powder?!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ah Boy View Post
    Baby powder?!!
    give it a shot. i haven't really tried it cos i dont have ant problems. i took that tip off the web. try it and give us feedback on whether or not it works..

Quote Originally Posted by milooi View Post
    give it a shot. i haven't really tried it cos i dont have ant problems. i took that tip off the web. try it and give us feedback on whether or not it works..
    i tried the baby powder. im not so sure if it works cos they walk towards the powder, smell, then turn the other direction. they dont die though. or maybe they will die in the nest... confused