Thread: Does stainless steel go rusty?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Does stainless steel go rusty?

Recently I went to my brother's house for dinner and I was the one doing the dishwashing. I saw the dish rack turned rusty! He just bought it not long, not even a year I think.. He told me that its a stainless steel dish rack and was done by the contractor. I'm wondering how come it will turned rusty.. Or is it a norm that stainless steel will turn rusty eventually...? Any good advice on this?

Your brother should contact the contractor and show them the rust. I believe they will give him an answer for it.

Stainless steel rust can still rust but within 1 year is too fast!! there are different grades of stainless steel tho...

Hmm.... I don't think he got quality grade stainless steel. Quality stainless steel are rust proof, this is what they're designed for. Stainless steel is specifically designed for medical tools that should be able to resist rust. Just imagine what might happen to patients if their medical tools rust? So I think your brother should have gone for the ones with good quality even if he had to spend extra on it. You get what you pay for, that's how it works.

Rusting occurs sometimes because of cleaning and maintenance which is carried out incorrectly.