Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Recommendations on nice Hawker Food

Default Recommendations on nice Hawker Food

Hi Hi....came across this forum where they shared all the nice hawker food. i have copied some of their recommendations here to share with you people.

- Tiong Bahru market's Lor mee
    - Alexandra Village market's claypot laksa (oni in mornings), bak kut teh and avocado juice
    - lavender food court's wanton mee (closed on Wednesdays)
    - Lagoon's wanton mee, chix wings and satay bee hoon
    - Whampoa market's rojak, satay bee hoon and chix wings and BBQ crabs
    - Redhill market's carrot cake, Oyster omelette
    - ABC market's chicken rice
    - Jurong West 500 series market's wanton mee, chix porridge
    - Bukit Batok St 11's Hor Fun
    - Margaret Drive's Chao Kway Tiao (only open from Mon to Sat, only at nite, If I not wrong is from 5 pm to 11pm) - normally u need to q for half an hour if the queue is long...SUPER NICE!
    - Holland Hawker Centre's Kway Chap - there are 2 stalls there, eat the one with the red bowls and plates. They only open in the morning till afternoon. The Kuay and chilli is super nice...drooling...

Feel free to add anything else to keep the ball rolling .....

hey cook,

talking about Alexandra Village market's claypot laksa (oni in mornings), bak kut teh and avocado juice, any idea how to make that avocado juice. it's simply delicious but my mom try to make it at home but taste different leh. wonder what extra ingredients they add. any idea?

hazel nut

Hellooo.....

I used to stay at Whampoa in during my childhood days. Whampoa market is the only place that has many many good food.

- Mee siam and lontong
    - Ban mian
    - Odeh Odeh
    - Boon Tong Kee Chicken Rice (If I'm not wrong, do you know that Boon Tong Kee chicken rice started from there and imagine now they have quite a few franchise stalls)

The Lion is craving for good food now....

Outram - No 3 crab - very good rojak special type with chicken cutlet

Redhill market's SATAY BEEHOON, ICE KACHANG and Bedok North BAH CHOR MEE

If only Bedok north Bah Chor mee served dry then I like it but too bad they only serve soup. i'm more of a chilli person.

someone from another site recommended the following as well. copied here for your info. keep the list rolling.

1. ABC market - claypot rice. the fruit drink stall opposite also not bad
    2. margaret drive market - second floor claypot rice and guo tie (gyoza). first floor western food
    3. bukit merah view - western food (wild wild west). the coffeeshop nearby (blk 115) tian tian hainanese curry rice
    4. Alexandra village (bukit merah lane 1) - the claypot laksa as mentioned, the indian rice next door, the chin chao drink two stalls away, and the vegetarian food along the same stretch
    5. hong lim food centre - ground floor is curry chicken noodles and bak kut teh, second floor is char kway tiao (outram park), fish soup, almond soy bean milk, hakka zi char, porridge (only open after 9pm, morning sells roast meats), bak chang
    6. lagoon food centre - love the satay bee hoon and the beef noodles there not bad
    7. jln beseh food centre - two beef noodles stall on the ground floor not bad

tiong bahru market - pig organ soup and prawn mee. but the prawn mee always sold out by lunch time
    zion rd food centre - there's a stall that sells fried fritters, got cheese fish cake etc. quite not bad and different from usual fried stuff

actually alexandra village got alot of nice food - bak ku teh, those BBQ seafood, hor fun with big mussels and fresh prawns. parking is a hassel though.

you know the bedok camp, famous for ching ting and hokkien mee. they have renovated with a small carpark. these 2 stalls are still there and still long queue as always