Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Recommendations on nice Hawker Food

go try black pepper crab at Joo Chiat off still road - near chiku and rambutan road - so yummy you will die for.

adam road prawn noodle - very good soup.

lavender wan ton noodle - the best you can find.

i have tried alexandra village market claypot laksa. really good. the gravy is rich and has a very strong aroma. worth the queue. but got to go early cos during lunch time, the queue starts appearing.

i also like the yong tou hu at lucky plaza

Thumbs up

hey babyrie

seems like everyday you have new place to recommend ...

okay today i went to clementi and had claypot rice, i think is somewhere new blk 283 - very excellent claypot rice

meow! meow!

Smith street - chinatown - fresh steam bean paste fish head

witty cat loves to eat, lick! lick!

saw on chinese news yesterday about price of eggs might go up again. and using alternative such as liquid egg.

one aunty was saying his son use liquid egg to fry chay kway teow at his stall and customers complained that the kway teow is watery.

hmmmm.. using liquid egg to fry kway teow will make it watery....i wonder what that means?

what is the process of manufacturing liquid egg anyway ? isn't it break the eggs , beat it up and putting preservatives to make it last?

hey! another place to recommend - Mimolette - eng neo ave

the fishhead steamboat along jalan sultan road. there's 2 apparently, can't remember the name of the one i like but it's at the junction of jalan sultan and north bridge road. this onw has alot of fishes.

yesterday, i brought my family to zhou's kitchen by tung lok group for lunch. they served ala carte buffet tim sum. for $19.60 ++ per pax is quite worth it. usually if we were to go red lantern at chin manhatan house, it's about that price per person as well. for 6 pax and above, you get to a free crab (not a big one) but better then nothing. if you interested to go better RSVP cos it's full house. the food is quite ok lar for the kind of price you are paying.