Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Recommendations on nice Hawker Food

Quote Originally Posted by cookies View Post
    yesterday, i brought my family to zhou's kitchen by tung lok group for lunch. they served ala carte buffet tim sum. for $19.60 ++ per pax is quite worth it. usually if we were to go red lantern at chin manhatan house, it's about that price per person as well. for 6 pax and above, you get to a free crab (not a big one) but better then nothing. if you interested to go better RSVP cos it's full house. the food is quite ok lar for the kind of price you are paying.
    I've been there recently too. I guess as part of the Tong luk group, they've maintain the standard. No bad for the ala carte dishes. Love their steam rice with mushroom chicken. Think I'll visit again to try their dim sum buffet

yesterday, i went to the hawker centre and bedok south. my sis-in-law told me alot of food there is nice. we waited 45 minutes for the char kuey teow and 30 minutes for the prawn noodle. frankly speaking, the char kuey teow was not fantastic. i feel that it is not worth the wait.

last week, i was at hawker centre next to bedok bus interchange. i have always heard that there are a lot of nice food there. after walking around, i decided on a fried hokkien mee. waited abt 15 mins. so so only, not worth the wait. i was there ard 5+pm ( close to 6pm ) but did not see a single queue at any of the stalls. thought there would be long queues there.

i stay at bedok, but seldom eat at the hawker, the only thing i always buy there is shui kueh which i thought was nice.

anyone knows of nice duck rice? i heard there's one shop near pasir panjang village which is nice but quite ex and also abit far. anywhere near hougang side have?

Ubi has many good duck rice stalls! Lor Ah Soo has a fantastic one and the duck rice stall at Ubi Tech Park is very good. Alexandra Village hawker centre also has a very unique version. The meat is boneless and quite thinnly sliced but the flavour is awesome and it comes with a bowl of salted vegetable soup

Quote Originally Posted by evel View Post
    anyone knows of nice duck rice? i heard there's one shop near pasir panjang village which is nice but quite ex and also abit far. anywhere near hougang side have?
    You mean roast or braised? For braised one, try geylang... the franchise - "you ji" is also quite good despite their many outlets, standard is there. For roasted duck, rice - Alexandra hawker is quite good but the portion is too small for man la... ladies still ok. There's one excellent roast duck store along beach road.

thanks onion for sharing but all quite far leh. hougang have anot? braised or roast also can.

Not sure about Hougang... But I think Kovan's hawker there's a stall for braised duck not bad. it's just next to kovan mrt / kovan heartland mall

oh great, is there one have not been there for a while. will check it out. thanks onion.