Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Invest in Properties

Unhappy Invest in Properties

Is it a good time to invest in properties now?

I believe there is an oversupply of properties right now. Interest rates are rising faster than property rates and moreover properties now come with relatively higher maintenance charges compared to the old times.

Property investment is no longer a safe investment.

If it's for speculation, now is definitely a jittery period. However, from an investor's point of view, there are still bargains to be found. So as long as the price is right, now is as good a time as any.

it's difficult to achieve an ROI of 5% in the Singapore market at this present time.

I do have an ex-colleague who purchased an older 99-lease hold private apartment CBD and is renting it for > $3000 / mth. As they were older leasehold and a tenant does not care about the market value of a leasehold (ie., tenant makes no diff whether it is freehold or leasehold).
    my ex-colleague is pretty happy as he managed to buy low (relatively) compared to rental income but He had to reno the place though to command that rental sum.

Property boom in US! Pity not here.

actually there's a property boom almost everywhere else in the world, besides singapore....hahaha....

Well... hope singapore will recover in the next few years. i think many people holding on as the bought during the peak.

the lion is tired....

i saw high end properties start to drop. how about the mid range?

my friend just bought an apartment in Hongkong - a studio apartment for S$1.5m and got it rented at S$9000 per month - return is like 7-8%.

No wonder Hong Kong people stop buying in Singapore liao - better investment in Hong Kong.

cannot understand how come Singapore rental return so low only 3-4 %

market for HDB housing is still on the upward trend. Private property, this maybe the best time to start looking to buy?? anyone has inside to share about this?

it is confirmed that shares market in bearish now. therefore i believe it will affect property market as well. it's not a good time to do any kind of investment right now. proceed with care..

the lion is very careful now....