Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: House warming gift???

Default House warming gift???

Hi any suggestion for house warming gift? for a newly wed couple who just got their flat. they are yuppies around late 20s. my budget is around $80 max.

Thanks folks!

hi soulfood

why not buy a bottle of wine ( around the budget you have ) and gift wrap it nicely.

yuppies couple should like it ( unless your friends do not drink )

why not get them gift vouchers from Takashimaya.... maybe they can buy some electrical goods or curtlery something they need for their kitchen.

How about essential oil burner like this one which i have at home?

Very nice ones are available at Naturalise (The Esplanade).

Can add fragrant to their home - very romantic for young couple.
    Attached Images Attached Images

hi babyrie

hee hee ..no offence. looking at the the incence burner , kind of give me a feeling like buring incence for our deceased ancestors.

the couple in question, if they are traditional, might not like it. some ppl are bantang ( superstitious ).

i think happylapopo's suggestion of giving shopping vouchers is very good. as they can buy whatever they want. we do not have to be afraid of getting gifts they do not like.

i think babyrie is refering to fragrant oil burner not incense burner

wow! Don enemy you really making enemy everywhere

how about buy some books for the couple . so they can join me as bookworm

meow! meow!

get a cat ornament - meow! zhao chai mao

witty cat suggest meow! meow!

Wow...tks guys for the advices! Aromatherapy burner sounds nice... just worry if they are into this sort of stuff. personally i loved it. but there are folks tat just dun bother with such stuff... *sign** worse come worse, vouchers will nv go wrong.

I think getting gifts for others are so tiring... coz i'm not a gift person. but still I'll try my best to buy something they really like la.

Hi Soulfood,

do you know the theme of their home? like wat's the decor like... modern contemporary, country, zen, etc? Can consider buying stuff tat goes with the theme. Or just simply ask them what they would like to have in their house.

I bought my fren an antique looking porcelain telephone coz her house is french country theme. She loved it so much! initiately i went to those antique shop... but it was like over $200plus! but later i bought a cheaper version at Mustafar center and at $80 (looks almost the same). hee hee!

hi soulfood,

why don't ask your friend directly. the worst thing is to get something when they don't need it or many others have given them the same thing. if not vouchers is the best. they will always find something to buy with the vouchers.