Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pots and Pans

hi don

you can buy from Takashimaya /robinson/tangs
    tiger is japanese brand

hi bookworm

thanks. japanese products always very good quality. thanks, when i go shopping tomo at orchard, shall drop by take a look.

Quote Originally Posted by happylalapo View Post
    Ha! Ha!

Cookies thank you for explaining to Don...

I am looking for pots and pans that will not only last and also can cook up good food. A friend of mine told me there is this brand of cookware, not cheap to own a set. She says it is like miracle pots , where whatever you attempt to cook will turn up delicious. She also say it cost more than 1000 even up to 2000 for a good set, however, she could not tell me the brand so now i am searching for it .
    if there's this kind of 'miracle' pots then we won't need to go to restaurants anymore.. perhaps all of us may even become michelin star chefs ahhaha...

seriously, i still stick to WMF. hardy, with different ranges to suit your needs. i just bought a set for me new flat. we chose a set of 4 pcs @ $100, then another big pot good for soup and another inner pot (with holes for pasta). Total is $176.90, cheaper and suit my needs better than their $199 for 6 pcs set.

btw, bought them at isetan.

i'm thinking to buy a small pan for frying eggs (those really very small ones like palm size). do you think it's silly. i like my eggs to be really small and thick. i used the big pan, it also spread.... you think's it waste of $...

hi cookies,

instead of buying yet another pan, why not go to NTUC buy those metal frame especially for frying egg ( sunny side up ).

they come in round or heart shape. they are cheap ( compared to buying a mini pan ) and light in size and weight - good and easy to keep.

using that , i am sure your egg will be much perfect in the shape compared to frying it in a mini pan.

thanks little faith,

but i think i need a non-stick pan, the small pan i have is really lousy. also the round or heart-shape metal thingy, i was wondering how to cook the top since i can't flip over the egg? wait the top not cook, the bottom of the egg already burnt. any good suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by cookies View Post
    thanks little faith,

but i think i need a non-stick pan, the small pan i have is really lousy. also the round or heart-shape metal thingy, i was wondering how to cook the top since i can't flip over the egg? wait the top not cook, the bottom of the egg already burnt. any good suggestions?
    u can try coooking it in a convection oven. chances of burning are very slim

Quote Originally Posted by milooi View Post
    u can try coooking it in a convection oven. chances of burning are very slim
    the taste will be different if cooked in the oven.texture is kinda weird too.

yar not tried using a oven to cook an egg. i think it's the slightly burnt smell that makes the egg taste good.

i recently brought a tefal 24 cm pan. it was really good. i used to use those cheap ones from shops but the food cooked is also different and much more hussel free when cleaning.

i struggle very long to decide to buy the tefal ones until i saw it on 50% sale at cold storage and immediately went to buy it on the same day.

Quote Originally Posted by cookies View Post
    yar not tried using a oven to cook an egg. i think it's the slightly burnt smell that makes the egg taste good.

i recently brought a tefal 24 cm pan. it was really good. i used to use those cheap ones from shops but the food cooked is also different and much more hussel free when cleaning.

i struggle very long to decide to buy the tefal ones until i saw it on 50% sale at cold storage and immediately went to buy it on the same day.
    great buy. those tefal pans are the good stuff. it makes cooking a lot more fun