Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Agent

Cool Agent

recently someone asked me this question. will any action be taken when he lodge a complaint on the agent with the agency?

generally i think it's kind of useless unless it's something really veru seriously. on some earlier threads, there were some complaining to even the government agency but apparently even they can't do anything if the agent is no registered with them.

these days alot of things you do and buy really depends on 'luck'.

yes i totally agree. i have encounter with many agents as both my husband and i invest quite a bit of properties. we have come across many types of agents. they are usually nice when trying to close sale but when deal is closed, it always difficult to get.

i don't rule out that what i have just said is just a few rotten fishes in the big ocean but of course there are ethical and good agents around too..... and i agree with cookies... it all depends on 'luck'... just got to pray hard.

this has been a problem with other home related forums as well. aren't there anything we could do but just to suffer silently? can't the authorities step up to do justics for the home owners/ buyers. this can't carry on.

There's absolutely no use. The market is so unregulated, and there are so many customers, you become just one unhappy fish in the ocean where there are thousands more to pick from.
    Believe me - I've tried this among other things, there is absolutely no use. Just don't use these agents again, that's all.

lion is angry ......

Yeah, it's hard to regulate agents especially when most are not under an agency's payroll. I mean how can agencies control agents when agents are technically self-employed On the other hand, an agent gets commission because he or she helps buyers find properties or sellers sell theirs so naturally if the deal is transacted, they may not be inclined to give their ex-clients much attention.

actually i find that it's not just housing agents, even insurance agents also same thing. once you sign on the dotted line, no news or updates from them, the next you hear from them is because they want to introduce new policies to you. this happens to even friends. it's like that like lar. they where got so much time to keep calling all the old clients when they actually need to reach out to more potential fishes.

singaporean like to complain lar. maybe also because of society where we are educated and we want to fight for what we think is right. i'm in the retail line and happens to handle complains. i tell you there is almost at least 1 complain daily and many times, the complaints are silly and ridiculous. only being in this line and handling all these myself makes me have more tolerence towards people and their services.

hoho... I think just complaint still ok... I heard some "ang mo" countries, customers will sue you just about anything... coz sometime the compensation is profitable.

Isn't Singapore more and more like that too ?

anything also sue.

like that Amutha Valli vs Novena Church. i find that case very ridiculous. she spent thousands of dollars suing the church and looking at the evidence, the case not in her favour. maybe she is suing for the compensation too.

Default wow... what kind of job you doing ?

Quote Originally Posted by janeng View Post
    singaporean like to complain lar. maybe also because of society where we are educated and we want to fight for what we think is right. i'm in the retail line and happens to handle complains. i tell you there is almost at least 1 complain daily and many times, the complaints are silly and ridiculous. only being in this line and handling all these myself makes me have more tolerence towards people and their services.
    wow.. janeng - what kind of job you doing??? almost every day has 1 complaint? if the frequency of complaint is so frequent, don't you think your company should look into the quality of service. is quality of service so poor that company receives complaints almost on daily basis ?