Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Holiday Destinations

hi...i've been to nepal 10yrs back! :P nepal is an enchanting country. lots of westerners love that place so language is not a problem. It's safe in the capital's tourist area but not sure about the countryside. I had seen a jap lady hiking alone with her local porter along the foot of himalaya. but i think if you are not an experience traveller, dun do tat. you may not be able to see the dangers. Hotels are generally not expensive there as there are alot of backpackers lodging. There are also alot of local tour agencies. so you can buy air tickets & hotel room online. then just book a land tour when you reach. best time to travel is between Nov - Feb when it is dry & cooling, the rest of years are monsoon & raining seasons.

hi cookies,

if you are thinking of going to redang - then make sure you bring lots of insect repellants cos when i was there, i was being bitten by lots of them and return with a lot of unwanted 'souvenirs' on my arms and legs.

Quote Originally Posted by cookies View Post
    yar i heard about redang but heard must book directly from them and TT $ to te hotel directly and arrange my own transport there right? seems troublesome leh....

hehehehhe, i'm going to hong kong & taiwan instead this coming october. really looking forward. it's been more then 2 years since i travel.

hehehehhe, i'm going to hong kong & taiwan instead this coming october. really looking forward. it's been more then 2 years since i travel.
    Enjoy your holiday cookies, Hong Kong you will shop till you drop. maybe you can drop by Macau, just 45 mins ferry ride, they have good food there.

thanks happylalapo,

now might not go there cos no body wants to go with me. so now thinking of going holidaying alone. finding a safe place to go.

Have been so stressed up with work and life - any idea where is the best place to have some peace and quiet for less than $400 per person including food. Thinking of at least 4 days away.

Really need to run away from home. But do not want to get the pocket burn cause if spend to much come back lagi stress have to work harder to earn back the money.

Go hang out at a kelong or a thailand resort. Relaxing and cheap!

go to some resort at batam lor. cheap. my friends said harris resort is rather cheap per room is about $60 if i'm not wrong.

i'm planning for a holiday in october but can't decide where to go. anyone has suggestions for a budget of $1,000?
    now that its way past oct.... what did u do? share with us your thrills and spills

My favorite Holiday spots are Gstaad Switzerland, Dubai and Blackpool London, but I am not sure if it is possible in this budget or not.