Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holiday Destinations

Default Holiday Destinations

i'm planning for a holiday in october but can't decide where to go. anyone has suggestions for a budget of $1,000?

are you the city/shopping type of rest & relax beach type? if the latter, then you can consider redang or krabi. redang has more locals and singaporean. u can go there at less then $1000 (inclusive of accomodation, travel and food).

yar i heard about redang but heard must book directly from them and TT $ to te hotel directly and arrange my own transport there right? seems troublesome leh....

cook, i believe there are some agency that can make the travel arrangements for you. you check out the classified page.

go hong kong lor... go by budget airline. but think hotel and air ticket will cost around $450 - $550 liao. if you want to eat and shop think will pass yr budget leh. if not, you go vietnam... shopping not so exciting la (also not cheap) but they got very good & cheap spa package... the place v. beautiful and the product is made in france! I think sometime the budget airline got those very low price ticket sometime. worth it la.

Default Natas Fair Coming Up In Aug 08 @ Expo

HI COOKIES NATAS FAIR is coming up in aug 08 , at expo. why not wait till then to check out the various pkgs and pricing all in one shot , under one roof. i have heard that the pkgs at NATAS fair are very attractive.

yar i heard about it also. i have decided to go taiwan instead. has been doing some research ticket and accomodation will cost close to $1,000. will visit natas as well. thanks.

Default backpacking in nepal

i am thinking of backpacking in nepal but cannot seem to find anyone to go with me.

i do not mind go there alone. should be exciting and adventurous to travel to such a place by myself, walking and exploring with a map in my hand and carrying a big backpack.

anyone been there and is it safe for a lady traveller to go by herself?

anyone can recommend a good cheap hotel there ?

People, dun expect too much on NATAS fair. I went for SA Tour's fair on last sun. I tell you everywhere is EXPENSIVE! The oil price and the airport tax are crazy! Those ang mo countries like aus, nz, us... airport tax is more X than air ticket. siao!

So every1 is looking at jap, korea, taiwan... imagine the quene. i think i'll just tell my wife & kids to go sentosa this yr.

I think we can be creative in our travel arrangement. Skip the tour packages and go for free & easy ones for asia countries. Their airfare & taxes are relatively lower than western countries. Some may be worried about the communication but I've been to both Japan & South Korea, their public transport is excellent and information is freely available. Just need to do some planning and you can see alot more than the usual tourist spots.

If not, go for neighbouring countries' beaches & resorts. Pay a bit more for higher end lodging and food. Pamper yourself instead of packed like sardines & dashing here & there with a tour group.

Look out for special airfare online! Book early.