Thread: Buying furniture online

Default Buying furniture online

Anyone tried buying furniture online and it was delivered to your house in good order? Is there pros and cons too for this online shopping?

I prefer going to the retail shop and shop for furniture. Like Sofa, I must try sitting on it and feel if the sofa is comfortable..

Look at the online review of the product. It will more or less help you in your purchases.

Default Sofa

Good Reasons to Buy Sofa Furniture Online

Everyone needs a sofa, and for many households, there is a need for more than one. When sofas become worn, uncomfortable, or just outdated, buyers can buy sofas online to get the widest selection of new models possible. Many people who are otherwise used to purchasing their household items online still shy away from buying their furniture there because of the weight of the items. However, purchasing large household items is becoming more and more common.

One of the ways you can cover more ground in finding the right sofa set for your home is by looking online. There are a lot of furniture outlets on the Internet that you can choose from and will give you a lot of options as far as price level, designs and styles are concerned. You could easily pour through hundreds, or even thousands, of styles and designs of sofa sets by looking through the product catalogues of many online furniture stores. This is something that you will not be able to do if you choose to look for sofas by going through real stores and spending hours after hours hopping from one shop to another. While it is indeed good to be able to see the units in person, this route will take a lot of time and sweat.

Other advantages of buying your sofa direct from an online store is the logistical convenience it offers to buyers. Since you don't have to be physically present to buy the sofa units and there's no need to haul heavy pieces of furniture from the store to your home, all you need to do is bring out your credit card to pay for your items, sit back and wait for the sofas to be delivered right at your door step! This is perhaps one of the best upsides when it comes to online shopping.

I do not think I will buy a sofa on line even though I have bought clothes, phones cover, accessories, grocery, books and many other essentials. I need to try it and feel the sofa before buying as this is considered big tickets item and it is going to be in the house for couple of years. Do not think I can go for online purchase for this item.. unless I have visited the showroom and tested it and that store happened to have an online discount than I probably will do so to enjoy the discount.

Yes I had purchase dining table set and Restaurant Furniture from online. They delivered the item On-time. From that time onwards I use online service to buy any items.
    Last edited by aaroncody; 2nd January 2014 at 07:57 PM.

There are some good sources for furniture, but you do need to look at the total cost (including S&H) as well as what happens if the item doesn't work for you or needs to be exchanged due to a defect or damage.

There is no difficulty in buying furniture online. you just have to login in trusted commercial websites.