Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hair loss & skin problem

Wink hair loss & skin problem

all the while i have very little fine hair with oily scalp. last year, i started to encounter hair lost (patches near my forehead) and have sudden outbreak of on my face. did not bother me initially but the problem persist for 3 months and i decided to seek medical help for my face. by the time i seek help the damage is already done, even though now 4 months down the road, the outbreak has been controlled, the scars are there (i'm currently undergoing treatment for skin). as for my hair, my friend recommended me to use a hair growth tonic, which works well for me. my hair has since grow back.

well i'm sharing this is because never take granted for any slightest problem occur with your skin or hair. once the damage is done, recovery work might take even longer. if you start to notice any problem seek medical help immediately.

hi cookies,

i kind of can understand your predicament. i not sure it is because of age issue that i also started to drop hair recently (i'm only in my early 30s) and i realised is not just me alone. my friends (all around my age) are facing this problem as well... Wonder if it's really due to age issue.

Default might be due to work-stress and diet

hi cookies,

your hair loss might be a result of work-stress and diet. try to control yourself and not put on too much stress on yourself. once reach home, leave all your worries about office and work at the doorstep and step into your house and relax.

having a good healthy diet without too much oily food and fried stuff might be helpful in hair growth.

yes doctor did ask me if i'm stress but frankly speaking i can
    t define stress and i don't know when i'm stress. well nows my hair have grown back with the help of some medical assistance. hopes it will not happen again.

i heard that using the wrong type of shampoo can cause hair lost too. but how to determine which shampoo is right for us. are the shampoo sold at the supermarket interior then those salon products? i have tried many shampoo but still can't determine what is right for me.

hi janeng,

ya i think using the wrong type of shampoo can cause hair loss.

i guess if you keep changing and trying different brands, the brand that gives the most shine, makes your hair most bouncy, very easy to comb through, has the least hair drop, that would be the brand that is most suitable.

for me, i like to try new products that are launched. i especially like those with fruity scents. if the products is suitable. after i have washed my hair, my hair and it smells nice, easy to comb my hair and does not feel heavy , my hair does not become oily easily etc, i would stick with this brand for a while till another new product appears in the market.

wow don, like that then must try alot leh. moreover when you buy a bottle of shampoo, you can usually use at least a month. i can't be trying a week then not suitable throw, very wasteful leh. hmmm.... now i'm trying salon products, the price is like 10 times more but so more not bad leh... maybe the price you pay lor.

hi janeng,

well, for me , i often try different brands. so far never come across one brand that is so bad as to make me lose hair... at most, i dun like the smell ( fragrance too potent ) or my hair is hard to comb through. i would take note not to buy that brand but i will still use it up. won't throw away so there is no worry of wastage.

salon hair products are indeed expensive if they deliver the results and one can afford it, not a bad idea to use them.

recently i'm using salon products are well. it kind of work for me at least not it has more volume. haiya why women got so much beauty problems. every month try to save money also cannot. must buy this and that for beauty maintanence.

yo gal... you can try eat some food that's good for hair la... like sesame, seaweed... also go for some healthy supplements... you know la... as you age, your hormone level and watever in your body goes crazy sometime. Nowadays, food we take dun hv as much nutrient as it used to like our grandma's days... the soil not very fertile and use of insecticide etc... so sometime also dunno we are feeding ourselves or poisoning ourselves. haha! :P