Thread: Material for Kitchen Counters

Default Material for Kitchen Counters

What material do you guys use for your kitchen counters?

Marble is aesthetically nice, but gets stains and scratches easier than granite.

Granite is less pretty but more durable although it requires some sealing to last.

Quartz seems to be the best choice but O.M.G, the price tag that comes with it...

Just curious how do you guys select and what kind of material for kitchen counters do you use?

Didn't know that even kitchen counter materials have so much details to it

Ya lor.. Does anyone know how to select and what to choose?

My personal favorite and first choice for countertop material is Granite. Not only for me but the durability and easy care of Granite Countertops Keystone keeps it a favorite for many homeowners. The beauty and warmth of granite gives an aesthetic appeal in home design.
    Last edited by mathewsauls; 6th December 2014 at 12:37 PM.

Granite does not stain and scratch?! This is in contrary to what I've heard..

I heard that only when you seal the granite in some kind of protective layer then it does not stain and scratch (comes with a hefty price).. But I could have remembered wrongly..

But granite is a not long lasting material. you need to to choose something more stable and strong material.