Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: House warming gift???

best choice is voucher will not be wrong

ikea got voucher or not? best ikea or courts lor. Tangs also quite good la

yesterday i went to IKEA window shopping after work. saw they have aroma candle in glass cups on sale. usual price ( think $3.95 or $3.90 ) -now selling at $1.90 , come in various fragances such as strawberry, lavender , ocean etc etc.

tot would be a good way to relax in my bedroom with the aroma of strawberry in the air. i had considered using aroma oil burner but dun want to spend so much money on it as have to buy the burner, buy the oil - think would costs as much as $30.00.

i was quite disappointed when i lighted up my strawberry aroma candle. ya i can smell a tinge of strawberry, when i put my nose almost to the rim. practically useless. well.. if there is a blackout, it would come in handy. the last black out i had experienced was about about 20 yrs ago ( thanks to our efficient govt, we have hardly have any black outs nowadays )

eileenliu,

you have to be careful regarding these aroma candle thingy. don't burn them in an enclosed room. the fumes that came out from burning of the candle is not safe for the body. those from ikea, you smell without light it, the fragrance is good but once you lit it, all you could smell is just burning fumes.

if you really enjoy such aroma therphy thingy, do not be stingy, you have to be good ones as many in the market (those selling very cheap) can be harmful then giving you theraphy. just be really careful.

hi cookies,

thanks for your advice. whenever i am in my room, i closed my door as i do not want the sound of my tv to disturb my family members when they are resting. so i lighted that IKEA candle for about an hour in enclosed room. fortunately nothing happen. i smelt a bit of fume but like i say, only when i put my nose to the rim, do i smell the strawberry aroma.

i got my friends (newlywed, for housewarming gift) a set of home fragrance frm BodyShop. it's very pretty comes in a box with reed diffuser, container jar n the fragrant oil of course. cost me abt $40 plus i think

or u can get them nice bedsheet n quilt cover set frm Aussino, they have nice designs. if u wanna spend more, get the highest thread count.. it's smoother to touch

if u want something more memorable but still practical, can also get wall decals tat they'll see everyday n think of u hehehe... but that's if u know their decorating taste. my sis got a few sets for her whole place frm ArtMango (online order), but deco taste is very personal lah. if u wannabe safe, can always stick to vouchers but they prolly wont remember liao after a while

yar i agree vouchers will be best. cos scare buy something they don't use or don't like.

though some might say 'bo sim' but then better then getting the wrong thing right.

Default coffee table book

another suggestion...i think a coffee table book like a photography collection is a unique idea...

for me i won't like it lor. i'm not that kind that enjoy such things.

if not ask the new home owner what they require of cos maybe you can tell them your range of budget first lor. not sure it's it weird. if not get a set of classic cutleries i think no household will not like that.

I just bought some wall stickers from online shop. Not bad! Most importantly, the price is good. Anyway, the shop has GSS sales now! LOL