Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Mold mites and booklices

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    393

    Default Mold mites and booklices

    I have been having problems with mold mites & booklices in my apartment. Anyone has any suggestion how I can get rid of them?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    19

    Default

    I would suggest you get a pest control to solve your issues.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Maintaining a balance between humidity and moisture in your house is very important. As if the house is very moist or very humid, the chances of mold mite growth increase.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    219

    Default

    Your house must have proper ventilation. Always keep your bathroom as dry as possible.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    28

    Default

    How about placing sticky traps around the suspected area? High chances you will get those booklice trapped as they do not fly.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    393

    Default

    Yes, never know this is that important till the pest appear.

    Quote Originally Posted by lion View Post
    Your house must have proper ventilation. Always keep your bathroom as dry as possible.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    393

    Default

    Very true. Not easy to maintain the humidity and moisture in this climate.

    Quote Originally Posted by mewx View Post
    Maintaining a balance between humidity and moisture in your house is very important. As if the house is very moist or very humid, the chances of mold mite growth increase.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    106

    Default

    Faced this issue sometime ago. Pest control is not an effective solution as the effect is only temporary. If there is still mould/dampness in the house, the booklice will multiply again very quickly. Best way is to remove these mould mites' food source i.e. mould.

    Two things that you can try:

    1. Dehumidifiers to control your house's humidity. They have a limited range though so you may have to get a couple if the damp areas are spread out in your house.

    2. Bleach the walls to kill all existing mould. Then apply a waterproof primer sealant and paint with anti-mould, anti-bacteria paint.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    393

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HalcyonVI View Post
    Faced this issue sometime ago. Pest control is not an effective solution as the effect is only temporary. If there is still mould/dampness in the house, the booklice will multiply again very quickly. Best way is to remove these mould mites' food source i.e. mould.

    Two things that you can try:

    1. Dehumidifiers to control your house's humidity. They have a limited range though so you may have to get a couple if the damp areas are spread out in your house.

    2. Bleach the walls to kill all existing mould. Then apply a waterproof primer sealant and paint with anti-mould, anti-bacteria paint.

    Currently my contractor is doing the necessary work of applying waterproof primer sealant and repainting the entire house.

    Will keep you guys updated on how things are

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    7

    Default

    The waterproofing quality of the floor is very important and due to expansion and contraction of the flooring over time may result in damaging to the waterproofing. Just wonder should we water proof the bath room ceiling

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •