Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tips for women

Default Tips for women

Hey gals,

I was told all woman should take "Evening Primrose" - i started taking them and it works.

Menstration circle started becoming regular and no more ache.

Hi Babyrie,

this is interesting. do you know how it works?

I bought mine from GNC, not sure how much exactly I paid for it, maybe between $50 to $80

GNC Women's
    Evening Primrose Oil 1300

There are 90 softsel capsules

Each day you just take one, so simple as that.

BTW, I think GNC having promotion now, you can even win a car.

talking about health supplements for women, i have been considering buying energy boosting pills.

so tired lately - juggling work and managing my little girl.

after a day of work , when i reached home, sometimes i just sit down for my dinner, took 2 bites and my 3 yrs old girl come to me and say," mummy dance ! mummy dance !" ( she wanted me to dance with her to the music of advertisement showing on tv ). she demands so much of my attention ( to play with her ) - i can only rest , like around 10pm. so many times, i want to watch my favourite shows on tv, but so tired i fell asleep and when i woke up, not only my favourite show is over, 2 other shows after that is over too. i tried drinking coffee but useless - fell asleep before my coffee is half finished.

my friend and mom often asked me why i always complain of being tired. i don't know either. seems that ever since after i have given birth, my energy level dropped tremondously. i am not sure if it is due to age or simply my hyperactive daughter demands too much out of me.

i checked out GNC & Nature Farm energy boosting pills but they are all so big in size. i have a phobia of eating big pills. even when i was pregnant, i did not follow instructions to take the vitamins all the time as i hate those big pills.

anyone know of any brand selling such pills but in small size. even soft gel capsule scare me cos they come in big size too.

seems to me littlefaith you need exercise rather than energy booster.

Exercise in the beginning may make you sleepy but after doing it for a while you will be okay. Need no coffee after that instant boast.

If you want to take enerqy drink - you should try Red Bull. But not to take too often.

happylalapo - wow , i think i have only drank red bull once and that was like when i was 16 yrs old, trying to stay awake when burning midnight oil for 'O' level exams.

cannot remember the taste but i not so inclined to try that. afraid of the taste.

exercise - i have never ever exercise in my entire live ( excluding PE lessons ).

climbing up the staircase to my office is exercise enough. fyi - i spent 40 mins walking everyday to work ( 20 mins for one from mrt stn to office ; 20 mins from office back to mrt stn ) - so do you think i have done my share of exercise.

to boost energy... take vitamin B complex, try checking out Fancl - their tablets may be smaller. if not check around to see if there are drinks or gummies or soluble tablets. Excercise are good in long run as it builds up your stamina and metabolism, your body will get more accustom to activities and won't tire out so easily.

Try to take some time off for yourself if possible. sometime it's not physical tiredness but fatigue and mental stress. make an effort to try out methods that works for you and wont harm you. It's a conscious effort.

although caffine & red bulls are effective for short run, they are not ideal for health.

Default how to cure pigmentation ?

i have started to develope some pigmentation issues. my mum has lots of them. maybe in the genes.

anyone has any good pigmentation cream to recommend?

hi forever tired, i do not know how to get rid of them but i know how to prevent them from developing.

always wear sunblock, even when you are indoors. many ppl mistakenly think that if you are indoors, you do not need sunblock but the rays that fall into our homes, that is harmful to our skin too so we still have to protect ourselves.

choose the correct SPF factor based on your activities and how long you will be exposed to the rays.

here are some info i found on the net to share with you :

What is UV ray? How do they harm our skin?

Answer : "UV rays" is the short form of ultra-violet rays. It can be broadly subdivided into UVA, UVB and UVC. UVA is categorized as the ray with long wavelength (315-400nm). Over 98% of the sunlight is UVA. It can penetrate into our dermis and accelerate the skin ageing process, which lead to the appearance of wrinkles, freckles, etc. UVB is comparatively shorter in wavelength (280-315nm). Sunlight carries less than 10% of UVB. It directly reaches our skin surface and may turn skin red or even dark. UVC has a wavelength of 100-280nm and almost all is absorbed by the ozone layer before it reaches the earth. Its damage to our skin is becoming an issue since a hole was found in our ozone layer.

In conclusion, UV ray is the major cause to skin ageing. You are highly recommended to apply UV-block lotion before exposing to sunlight to protect yourselves from these harm rays.

2. There are often some technical terms like SPF and PA stated in sunblock skincare products. What do they mean and how do we interpret them?

Answer : SPF (Sun Protection Factor) is the protection index for UVB. It is commonly calculated by multiplying the SPF index by 15 minutes, a standard time for turning skin red under direct sunlight. For instance, SPF40 = 40 x 15minutes = 600minutes. That means, it provides 600minutes (10 hours) sun-block protection to UVB. PA is the sun protection index for UVA originated from Japan. It is subdivided into 3 categories, +, ++ & +++. The more +, the stronger the protection against UVA. PA+ can delay the time needed to turn skin dark by 2-4 times while PA++ is 4-8 times and PA+++ is over 8 times.

Now PA index has not yet been internationally recognized but surely it provides you an additional reference for choosing sun-block products.

3. How do we choose suitable sun-block products? Are the products with high protection index the better? If I have few outdoor activities, does it mean that I do not need sun-block products?

Answer : Sun-block products, by its nature, can basically be divided into 2 different groups, physical and chemical. . Physical product carries ingredients like Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide, which helps our skin reflect UV radiations from skin surface. It minimizes the chance of allergy but a thin white layer will remain on skin which takes 20-30 minutes to fade out. Chemical product carries ingredients such as PABA and Salicylic Acid, which helps absorb UV radiations, especially UVB, from the skin. It is basically less greasy and less susceptible to allergy. Consumers can base on their skin condition to select suitable sun-block products for themselves. High degree of sun protection may not be the best since it may block our pores if daily cleansing is not thorough. When choosing the degree of protection, we should consider how long our skin will be exposed to sunshine and the availability to replenish sun-block products. Normally, 2-3 degree higher than we actually need is a safety SPF. Normally, products with SPF15 is good enough for an office lady who spends most of her time in the office and is exposed to sunshine during lunch time and along the way to office/home. However, we should also take good care of our skin even we are staying at home or office. Since UV radiations can also be released from light bulbs and sunlight can penetrate through windows, proper sun-block protection is also needed.

4. My sun-block cream provides SPF25 protection while my foundation provides SPF20 protection. If we apply them together, does it mean I am protected by SPF45?

Answer : According to the answer to Q2, SPF is the index to calculate the minimum time needed to turn skin red under direct sunlight. No matter how many layers of SPF products on the skin, the maximum time for sun protection should only be calculated by the largest SPF index among all products. In your case, the sun protection index should only be SPF25.

5. How do we get spots and freckles? Why my friends who love outdoor activities and sun bath have no such skin problems?

Answer : One of the major reasons behind spots formation is heredity. Induced by over exposure to direct sunlight, application of expired or deteriorated cosmetic products, decelerated metabolism caused by ageing or lack of exercises and hormone imbalance caused by stress will worsen the problem. Due to the variation of genes and living habits, the chance and degree of the problem will vary from people.

Default soya beans lower chances of breast cancer

i saw on news that soya bean products lower chances of breast cancer. so if it lower the quality of men's sperms, it is doing good for the women.