Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: energy saving bulbs

Default energy saving bulbs

Har... my electric bills has shot up $50 more this month. jialat... i want to cut cost leh. my house now using normal 40w tube and dining room got 1 hanging lamp with 5 bulbs tat kind. Then I got 6 spotlights (very hot that kind, dunno what they call). can all change to energy saving ones or not? got any help?

i heard that orange lights enenery comsumption is higher then white lights. i don't like orange lights as i like my rooms to be bright. for those energy saving bulks, you can try philips, a bit pricy but i think good.

i don't like yellow light too as not good for reading. i always fear if i read using yellow light, might hurt my eyesight.

also not suitable when i put on my make up as i sometimes ended up putting too much when i was applying make up in room lighted up with yellow light bulb.

Quote Originally Posted by huey View Post
    Har... my electric bills has shot up $50 more this month. jialat... i want to cut cost leh. my house now using normal 40w tube and dining room got 1 hanging lamp with 5 bulbs tat kind. Then I got 6 spotlights (very hot that kind, dunno what they call). can all change to energy saving ones or not? got any help?
    depending on the type of bulbs head it is using, you can bring a sample of your bulbs to the lighting shop and see if the heads match the energy saving kind.

Should not be a problem for you to change all to energy saving as long as the head matches.

Energy saving is not jsut white light/ they have warm white too.

I prefer warm light to white light as it give the house a good warm feel and make it more cosy.

yes yellow light consumes much energy than the white ones.
    Last edited by mazuin; 23rd August 2010 at 09:21 AM.

see i thought so too. anyway to each his own lar.

Maybe can cut down aircon usage. Lights you only need the 40w tube, the remainder can turn off. I mean who needs the home to be so brightly lit. Unless scared of ghost. : )

CFL's are real energy savers and in long term it reduces the total electricity consumption by more that 20%, when used at every possible light source, the white light is also soothing, and does not irritate.

--------------
    Labeling
    Last edited by webguru24x7; 24th December 2012 at 01:04 AM.

Some great advances have been made in LED technology as of late, and though the purchase cost might be high, they'll cut back even more than CFLs in the long run.

yar mr electrical bill is very high so energy saving is important