Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: About life

Default About life

My girlfriend just shared with me that her mother in law is given 3 months to live? So Sad I wonder what I will do if i was given 3 months to live?

my condolences to your gf mother.

i rather not know i have how much longer to live. i'm sure it's very scary. i when it's time for me to meet our maker, i prefer death just struck me and i just go immediately.

therefore, for those who has family, cherish your good times with friends and families, live with no regrets, prepare whatever you need to do for your living family and friends so when it's time to go just go to your new meet your new family - our family in heaven.

sorry to hear about your gf's mother.

ya i totally agree on cherishing our love ones when they still with us.

i saw the tv show Yi Dian Xin Si ( cannot recall on channel 8 or channel U ) but it shows on every wed ( think on wed , sorry , getting old and memory not good ).

last week episode , the show invited veteran actor Huang Wen Yong. he talked about his deceased mother and i can see a lot of regret in his eyes ( seems like he was holding onto his emotions so he would not cry ).

he talked about how he regretted not fulfiling his deceased mother's wish to bring her to visit China ( think he talked about Great Wall of China ).

cos they were Malaysians and he said there used to be restrictions for Malaysians to enter China. later the restriction is lifted but he got busy.

my dad is in his early 70s. he has been a heart patient for the past 16 yrs. his health is not good lately. in and out of hospital on almost yearly basis. to be realistic, i am not cursing him but i do not think he has many more yrs with us.

i am a single mother. not a divorcee but i called off my wedding before we were supposed to get it solemnised. i was already 1 or 2 mths pregnant when i called it off. simply cannot go through with it when i know it would be heading for divorce anyway. and i strongly do not believe i can raise a happy child when her parents are always fighting every day. who wants to come home to a loveless family and endure quarrelling every day ?

i have never , for an instant , regretted my decision as my daughter, now 3 yrs old, is a very very happy , bubbly , adorable and healthy girl. she knows that she has 2 parents who love her very much. and that is what i have always wanted - to give my daughter 2 parents who love her very much, just that the parents are not staying under same roof.

i am forever indebted to my parents. although they are very traditional folks -and although they do not agree on my decision to call off wedding , they fully supported my decision , in spirits and financially in my times of need. without their help, i would never be able to bring my daughter to this world.

my parents are babysitters and they are looking after my girl when i am at work.

my mom is already in her early 60s. health not that good but much better than my dad.

i tried to bring them out to different places for dinner. my way of thanking them for all they have done. i am so afraid that my dad will die without me paying back for what he has done for me and my daughter.

i hope his remaining days with us will be filled with joy and i hope i have done my part of cherishing him when i still have the chance.

I think we have to live our life and cherish what we have as if we will no longer be around from tomorrow. So that there will not be any regrets in life.

meow! Meow!

cry! cry! - I do not want to die, I want to live till I am very old, have many children, grand children, and great grandchildren.

why have to get sick and die?

Witty cat is very sad

eileen liu,

i guess for parents, we are forever indebted to them, there is no way you can every paid them off. as their child, i feel that we just need to do at least our basics of taking care of the in old age and sick and don't let them worry about our things, i think this is the best present we can give them. i can't said i'm a filial child but i never make my parents worry about me never give them any big headaches. during my earlier days, no matter how broke i am i never tell my parents or even ask them for a single cent. even if they need moeny i will find my ways to give them. now that financial is better, i decided to give my dad and my step-mom a holiday treat for his 60th birthday.

i'm not a parent yet, but i believe as parent, you want the best for your child, you want them to be happy, healthy and safe, you don't have to be a somebody someday. don't worry about not be able to repay them cos i believe they never ask you for anything in the first place.

yes i do agree with cookies. think most parents don't expect us be lawyer or architects , earn big bucks or what. they only want us to grow up healthy, able to earn a decent living and able to support ourselves and not get into any trouble , let them worry.

i also don't have big dreams for my little girl , as long as she grows up a honest, kind, compassionate, fillial , god-fearing person - able to support herself - that is all i want for her.

if i were to found out that i have only 3 mths left, i would do up 3 lists.

(1) People To Visit

(2) Places To Visit

(3) Things To Do

that would be like my last wish lists.

at least i will know how i should fully make use of whatever time i have left.

little faith,

what happen you realised that there are alot of things you wanted to go or do but unable due so some reasons then wouldn't you be more sad for that 3 months left?

I'm going to eat curry chicken for 3 months