Thread: What are you doing on National Day ?

Default What are you doing on National Day ?

what are you guys up to on National Day?

go down to Marina to soak up the atmosphere or enjoy foc museum visits?

i will be bringing my kid to science centre with my ex colleague and her son.

i stayed at home to do major cleaning of the house. have not been able to find the chance to do a proper and thorough cleaning.

then whole family went out for dinner and watched the NDP while stuffing our mouths with delicious food.

one day gone like that.

i had meeting on national day siann...... then since i was in town, i went shopping after that. suppose to go singapore flyer to watch fireworks but las minute one of my colleague back out so did not go. my one day pass like that also.....

last weekend was quite tiring, then sunday went sentosa but shortly after we reached there, it starts to rain siann... again... but we persisted and waited for slightly over an hour before the rain stop but the sun never come out...then.... about an hour later it starts to rain again... OMG.... there goes my day... i decided to go home thennn... double sian...

i went to watch the latest Mummy movie. kind of weird to see brendan fraser's character has an adult son.

he look too young to have an adult son.

1st movie, he met his girlfriend ; 2nd movie, his character already has a son and looked around 7 or 8 yrs old ; now 3rd movie , his character' son already a strapping young hunk.

gosh...maybe in the 4th instalment, brendan's character would become a grandfather !

hahahaha.....

i heard the review on CNA was very bad. only 1 pop corn out of 5. plus don enemy's review, confirm cannot watch this show

lion wants pop corn for movies.....

I have not been to watch a movie for a long time. I think it is too expensive.

I have been renting DVD and watch it at home. With the good sound system I have at home, it is as good as going to the movie + the whole famly can watch together.

We get to walk around and munch whatever we like.

morning everyone.

last monday i brought my mom and step brother to watch money no enough. i can't say the show was good but it does make me drop tears. but what i'm really happy about it this is my first time i watched movie with my mom and watching such a heartwarming movie. i can't said i'm a fillial daughter but i try my best to fulfil any needs my parents have.

coming back to the money no enough movie, actually i don't blame the 3 brothers who sent their mom to the old folks home. to be frank many of us are caught in situation like theirs. no one has time or know the proper ways to manage a sick or an old folk that has mobililty problem. it not when a person send his / her parents to old folks then they are brand as unfillial. with the professional help and medical attention available at the old folks centre, it's more ideal to have your parents there. but again of course, as children, maybe weekends, we can bring our parents back to stay with us or bring them out for dinner etc.

it is only those who really abandon their parents and never bothers about them. these are then those i consider as unfilial.

well, i guess there might come a time for many of us in the future, whereby we are forced by circumstances to make certain decisions for our elderly parents for their interest and welfare but which might not be welcome and accepted by them.

if i become bedridden when i am in old age and there is nobody at home to take care of me, i might go to nursing home if my kid wants to send me there but not with a 100% willing heart.