Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: National Day Rally Speech

Default National Day Rally Speech

what do you guys think of the National Day Rally Speech. i watched part of it. PM Lee is quite a humourous guy.

i think the upcoming plans govt has to encourage couples to have more kids are fantastic.

never would i thought they are willing to fork out money for IVF ( In Vitro Fertilisation ) - that is a lot of money.

the plan to increase 3 mths of paid maternity to 4 mths is great. something that many mothers have been complaining about.

govt really do listen to its people.

ya... with govt like that, who needs parents?

I am a little disappointed though with the parents incentive given.

I personally think more bonus should be given out in monetary wise that will assist new parents - rather than giving just more time off.

Example : first child on top of having all those PM mentioned and whatever, tax rebates etc., how about giving $10k cash and 2nd child top it up with another $10K and third child a good $50K - I bet this will work .... Ha! Ha!

happylapopo,

this is Singapore we are talking about, not UAE ( united arab emirates ).

we ain't that rich hor !

sigh... not benefiting me... oredi #2 in 2007
    Definitely NO #3 liao... touchwood
    $$ or incentive? me no feeling

but if more subsidies in childcare,
    more childcare leave, more tax rebate... wah... I like

Personally I think shouldn't give too much "ang pao" for child birth... wat if there're irresponsible parents who just want to get the $$ and give birth but nv use the $ on the child? Happens in some western countries.

I support more subsidies in childcare, tax rebate, education or even medical bills. more leaves good too cause we should encourage parents to spend more time with their kids. I just feel sad when I hear pp putting their children at their parent's place and only fetch them back during wkend. That's not the way!

for me, none of these benefits me. me not married, no child. i would be interested if we can have more old age parents rebate.

Duffy, sounds like you are into politics! The rally speech did not leave much of an impression as none of the perks apply to me

Yup...Think our govt's message is very clear - "Get Married and Make more BABIES, folks!!!"

But really Singapore is such a pressure-cooker, it's not easy to have a family here. Many of my friends are planning to move to Australia coz the quality of life is better there (at least that's what they are saying).

Does that mean S'pore is deemed to hv a change of blood - more immigrants from developing countries while the locals migrating out?