Thread: Weird houses!

Default Weird houses!

Hi, I've come across some weirdest looking homes ever on the net. Just want to share some of them with you:

Sun-catcher
    These folks built the building just to make sure all the units can catch as much daylight as possible! The irregular stack of slabs creates big terraces for gardening and the irregular shape allows sun to enter from multiple angles.

The Cubes
    The architect - Piet Blom tipped a conventional house forty-five degrees and rested it upon a hexagon-shaped pole so that three sides face down and the other three face the sky. Each of the cube houses accommodates three floors: a living space including a kitchen, study and bathroom, the middle floor houses bedrooms and the top is the pyramid room that can act like an attic or viewing deck.

that's weird alright but i like the artiness...Singapore flats are kind of boring! Why can't we have more adventurous design?

Too adventurous people also complain lor. Remember Esplanade?

tok abt 'artistic', wat abt those odd shape HDB flat... faintzzz

yes i agree that our HDB flats are so lacking in creativity.

read recently, latest HDB project , think in punggol, the flats there are designed in eco-friendly style manner. can collect rain water to use to flush toilets etc etc

however, aesthetically, their designs are so-so. but must applaud their effort to go green and save resources

well..who cares if the houses are weird-looking. if the design makes the owner happy, then it does not matter what others think.

to me, the exterior are less important compared to the interior. cos we do not own the exterior but the interior. ( the apartment )