Thread: Finding a flat or apartment

Default Finding a flat or apartment

This has been bothering me for the last few months.

Eversince I sold my apartment, I have been thinking of getting a HDB flat.

Aiyo, now a real struggle;

Nowadays to buy a HDB flat you actually needs more cash than to buy an apartment? Can you believe this, the cash outfront including renovation came to an amount of more than$100k?

slow learner, you are quite right! My grief is with Cash Over Valuation - what's that about? Isn't valuation about supply and demand?? If buyer and sellers are both willing to buy at a certain price, naturally valuation should be the agreed price no?? Of course we are not talking about transacted price being much higher than recently transacted prices around the same area but if it's a bull market and price is maybe 5% higher, the valuation should be the transacted price no?? Luckily the HDB bull market seems to be coming to an end along with the COV...

Yes, it seems that there are more transactions at Valuation now for the outskirt areas on HDB purchase.

But I am looking at very good location and prices are still relatively high!

Still soughting out my thoughts and which directions to go.

Looking at the market conditions now, I reakon I will wait a little longer maybe can get good bargain soon.