Thread: Hd5

Default Hd5

pardon me for being a technology nerd but can anyone tell me what is this HD5 thingy about. heard so much but how does it benefit is our viewing pleasure?

HD actually stands for High Definition and 5 probably means Channel 5 as Channel 5 is the channel broadcasting high definition programs. The key advantage to HD TV are clearer pictures and often better sound

thanks mcmuffin.

comparing to buying a good TV that promises better visual, do we still need this HD thingy? i heard we need to subscride to it.

Not to worry, you do not need to subscribe to it. You can watch the programs in HD as long as your TV can support the technology. The television set plays a part in better visuals; the other part depends on how the program is encoded or something. So if you have a good TV but the program is in a relatively low definition, the visual will still not be good.

frankly speaking i can't really differentiate the resolution. anyway got TV program to watch is good enough for me liao.

dont fret too much over this HD5 thing. it aint a big deal really. but since its free and u want it so bad then go ahead. i have it and i think its simply over rated

i barely watch TV nowadays. everything can be viewed online. maybe i will watch football with my friends and thats all. know nothing abt HD and all. but i suppose its clearer and more life-like.