Thread: Overseas Property Investment

Default Overseas Property Investment

Now that global market into correction. Anyone have any idea, is it good time to buy property in England, Australia and Japan ?

Well at this time, if you are a short term investor how do you see the market in the next 3 months. If it is down, which looks more likely. It may be more prudent to wait.

Generally, property prices laggs behind the stock market and a sustained or consistent movement upwards in the stock market would indicate a less risky purchase in the property sector.

However, Australia may be an area to look at as the weakened A$ offers a somewhat 20-30% discount off the purchase price.

Even with all that being said, the property market looks soft. My guess - don't be in too much of a hurry - look out for the tell tale signs of a more positive economy.

Cannot agree more to Passionate.

The market is gloomy, the laggs time from what I understand is as long as 6 months.

I think better to stay clear off property for the time being as property is not liquid.

Whereas I think best time to look into buying some shares.

Quote Originally Posted by Passionate View Post
    Well at this time, if you are a short term investor how do you see the market in the next 3 months. If it is down, which looks more likely. It may be more prudent to wait.

Generally, property prices laggs behind the stock market and a sustained or consistent movement upwards in the stock market would indicate a less risky purchase in the property sector.

However, Australia may be an area to look at as the weakened A$ offers a somewhat 20-30% discount off the purchase price.

Even with all that being said, the property market looks soft. My guess - don't be in too much of a hurry - look out for the tell tale signs of a more positive economy.

Checking the Australia Market now, have a friend staying there who is keeping a lookout for me, he thinks better wait for next year.

The exchange rate is certainly a factor to consider, thanks for highlighting that Passionate.