Thread: maid

Wink maid

i'm thinking of getting a maid for the arrival of my baby. however, i'm worried about getting a good one. heard so many awful stories on maid. anyone has good suggestions?

lion scatching his head.....

Lion, when is your baby due? Congratulation! sounds like a first time for you.

It may be ideal to have your maid come to your house 2 months before the arrival of your baby. So that you can train the maid before you will be too busy to do so.

Is your parents staying with you?
    Are both you and your partners working?

Why, I am asking it is always good to have someone with the maid and the baby. It is not wise to leave the new baby with the maid alone.

I think the maid agency is very important, however, i personally do not mind a completely new maid. Cause you can teach everything your style and you need not have to untrain the maid from their previous habits by working with other household.

The Maid agency you go to is extremely important.

Whether you get a good maid at the end really depend on luck.

There is one philosophy you have to follow:

"treat them well as a family and they will treat you well too"

we are trying to make arrangement to spend my maid and baby to my in-laws house every morning and pick them back in the evening after work. my concern is that both my wife and i have very hectic work schedules and good rest at night is very important to us. i'm not sure if it's a good idea to let the baby sleep with the maid at night so she could handle the feeding at night.

my wife is due in early jan, so we are shopping for maids now. we are hoping to get someone by end this month so she could come over to familise with things at home as well.

Dear lion, letting the baby sleep with the maid is not too good an idea.

I will never let my baby sleep with anyone else other, maybe if it is my mother / in law still acceptable.

If you plan to have a child some sacrifice is unavoidable that to me include sleep. I think it is not wise to trust the maid to wake up and feed the baby - they may not do that and the baby may end up not being fed properly.

It is good idea to get your maid in early for training and to get her familiar with your lifestyle and habits.

ya i totally agree with happylapopo.

i still remember that report about the maid physically abusing the baby.

flinging it up like the baby is a doll. pinching his private parts when he cried.

so scary. one can never know what the new maid will do in private with your kids as they can show a different false side when in front of you.

so i would advise all who intend to hire maid to be observant in the initial stage. do not let the kids be alone with the new maid.

only when the maid has been with you for a long time and you have observed her to be a trustworthy and reliable worker, then you can totally entrust the kids to her. well that is my opinion on this.

take a shot at it. u may end up getting a good maid. treat the 1st one right and she may turn out to be the perfect helper in the home. worst case, just swap with the agency.

i read this article in the latest 8 days about how celebs handle their maids. i think its all about nuturing them into a great servant. be nice to them and they will be nice in return. but of course, u make them upset, they will surely take revenge, as the recent urine in the flask fiasco suggests.

to put it simply, good treatment begets good service. this works in 99% of the cases.

But I won't suggest you to keep a maid for the bringing your child up.
    Baby's mother is enough for himself.
    But I think that the burden of household should not be on mother and she must
    be free from it.
    Maid's company is not suitable for the new guest at all.
    Think about it.
    regards
    Last edited by HalcyonVI; 24th August 2011 at 05:30 PM.