Thread: SOS! X'mas feasting ideas?

Default SOS! X'mas feasting ideas?

Help! counting the days to my xmas party and I'm clueless of what to get for food. Not really a gd cook... Any good ideas for a decent Xmas delicacies?

Should I just buy those ready xmas gourment package from cold storage? But I really dun hv gd feeling about that...heard they are frozen solid and after microwave they'll turn dry and tasteless.

My budget is about $300 for 30pax. Pls suggest ideas for starters, main course, drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic), desserts. tks!

haha..good = plenty of good alcohol!!! Eat, drink and be merry!

$300 for 30Pax that is ambitious.

why not you suggest pot luck than everyone bring some food over and safe you the trouble of doing everything on your own.

Else, this is what I will do.

Ask mum to fried bee hoon, cook a pot of curry chicken, fried some nice chicken wings, buy otah, fishball, chicken nuggets , buy a honey baked ham (get the gourmet people at coldstorage to slice them for you), buy a log cake for dessert and a turkey.

As for wine and liquor better get some of your guest to bring them........

.... ho ho ho tight budget.......

yar i agree with babyrie, $300 for 30 pax is like almost impossible. i will go along with babyrie's suggestion. that's what i do every year. pot luck and me as the host will buy the hams and turkeys and wine. just these alone cost me about $300.

whoa... this was last year. so what did you do this year?