Thread: mold problems

Default mold problems

i have a vacant house in jurong. recently i went back wanted to do some cleaning but realised my cabinets have this mold thing that surface. it's like a ball of white cotton like thingy with some black dots. it makes my hair all stand just by looking at it. i believed it's due to humidity as most of the time the all the windows are close. i tried wiping with wet clothe but less than a week it comes back again. i used dethol also no use. then one of my friend suggest using vinegar which i just tried abit last week. but the problem is the strench is too overpowering and it kind of stained abit of our cabinet. i worried that the smell will stay for long. any good suggestions?

you can try buying some dehumidify thingy from supermarket and place them in the room.

Probably it is good if you can try leaving a window gap so that there is ventilation.

hmmm... not a very long paragraph to help u but i think thirsty hippo will help. but on the hindsight, have a vacant house?

why dont u rent it out and genereate some cash

after cleaning has removed all visible mold and other soiling from contaminated surfaces, a disinfectant may be used to kill mold missed by the cleaning. In the case of sewage contamination, disinfection is strongly suggested

Mix 1/4 to 1/2 cup bleach for 4 litres water and apply to surfaces where mold growth was visible before cleaning. Apply the solution with a sponge or by other methods that do not over saturate or flood the surface area.

Collect any run-off of bleach solution with a clean and filtered wet/dry vacuum, sponge or mop. do not rinse or wipe the bleach solution off the areas being treated. allow it to dry on the surface.