Thread: can we demand our payment back?

Default can we demand our payment back?

recently i heard a case that my friend rented out his condo to a local family thru an agent. 2 months deposit was givent o my friend and the owner moved in within the next few days. upon receiving the cheque, my friend also issued a cheque to the agent for his commission. however the cheque from the tenant cannot be cleared. asked the tenant to about it he kept saying give him one more week to find a place. and when my friend complaint this to the agent. he said he can only help to mediate. after the 4th, my friend still have not receive the money from the tenant and has his lawyer to send him a letter to ask them to vacate the house.

my friend asked back from the agent the commission that was paid to him but the agent said he will not pay back as he has done his job. whether the tenant paid the rental or not is between the owner and the tenant.

now the problem is, is this right? the agent has not fulfilled his duty. how can my friend get his commission back. he has already lost a 1 month rental and he has to spend the money to clean the house.

lion is seeking justice.....

hey, i heard of similar cases.

Lately there has been tenant on personal lease, I heard from agents that their tenant ran away without paying rental and the Landlord is left distraughted.

One cannot really blame the agent la. They are responsible for helping landlords get tenants but how would they know that the tenant will not pay?

yes, curry chicken, I second you.

yes i somehow agree with curry chicken in certain ways. however, if there are other agents that conspire with tenants then then losing end will always be the owner. there should be a win-win situation for both parties. i do understand that the agent do not know the financial status of the tenant, however, on such cases, the tenant should somehow take some responsibilties, i'm not expecting him to return back all the commission as i aware he might have run some advertisement and errand cost but for this case, a certain amount and be work out to return to the tenant. agent cannot just 'pai pai pi ku' and walk away. it should be a shared responsibities.

lion find that it's fair.....