recently i heard a case that my friend rented out his condo to a local family thru an agent. 2 months deposit was givent o my friend and the owner moved in within the next few days. upon receiving the cheque, my friend also issued a cheque to the agent for his commission. however the cheque from the tenant cannot be cleared. asked the tenant to about it he kept saying give him one more week to find a place. and when my friend complaint this to the agent. he said he can only help to mediate. after the 4th, my friend still have not receive the money from the tenant and has his lawyer to send him a letter to ask them to vacate the house.

my friend asked back from the agent the commission that was paid to him but the agent said he will not pay back as he has done his job. whether the tenant paid the rental or not is between the owner and the tenant.

now the problem is, is this right? the agent has not fulfilled his duty. how can my friend get his commission back. he has already lost a 1 month rental and he has to spend the money to clean the house.

lion is seeking justice.....