Thread: Which Type of Washer and Dryer to buy?

Default Which Type of Washer and Dryer to buy?

Hi anyone can enlighten me wat type of washer to buy? Which Brand? Top load or front load? is 5kg enuf for a couple? Isit enuf to wash my queen size quilt? Shld i go for those wif heated washing which is more expensive but seem to be better? Please help?!?!?!

I bought the Sharp ES-AG750 Ag+ washing machine for the health factor There are five of us using the machine and the wash load of 7.5kg has not been an issue so 5kg for a couple should be enuff la.

I like top load cause lazy to bend down Performance-wise got difference between front load and top load

Top load actually washes clothes faster but uses more water and electricity than front load.

humm... thought of adding 2 cents worth of my thoughts regarding this topic on washer and dryer.

1) personally i prefer to front loading european style washer and dryer. Cause it look neat and does not take up much space stacking up.

2) Cause my family is small so usually i get a 5 kg type for both washer and dryer.

3) I ever own a european washer cum dryer 6kg load. Usually for a 2 in one unit - the dryer function will be half the size. Which means for a 6kg washer cum dryer 2 in one the drying capacity is 3 kg only. I do not like it cause it break down easily and very troublesome cause you have to half load while drying.

4) I also like the american style dryer that is the 10kg type of washer and dryer - however, never have experience using them, although have bought them before for tenant to use.

bet it is good

5) I never like the look of the Japanese stype top loading washer - however, in my younger days - my family uses it. Honestly, I think they probably is easier to use as we can just add on or remove clothing from the machine while it is washing, cause we can just open the top cover. I just did not like the look.

i never buy a washing machine before but the one i'm using currently (which was bought by my parents) is very durable. we have been using it for close to 20 years and never break now before. don't ask me which brand cos i really don't know, but all i could say is the less function it has the possibility of breaking down is lesser. my machine has only very basic features - water level, spin and on off button. ohhhh..... and it's top load. i always have the habbit to peep into my machine while it's spinning just to ensure water level is enough. hhheheeehheheh...

You are really lucky your washing machine never break down on you - the way you opening the lid while it is spinning - Got to be some Japanese Top lading kind.

Not sure if you share the same sentiment as me.

In the old days, electical appliances are make to last but now they are make to look good and only last for the warranty period. So that you can buy new one very soon.

It must be some kind of trick from the manufacturers..... else if everyone keep using their old appliances they will have no business.