Thread: HDB cancel application

Default HDB cancel application

My hdb resale application has been cancelled. As a buyer, what happen to my deposit paid at the signing of OTP?

in the first place, why is it cancel? if it's from the buyer, then of cos you can demand the deposit back. if the cancellation is due to your side, then i don't think you can get it back.

what exactly is an OTP? and what was your deposit made?

OTP = Options to purchase.

this would means, the buyer show an interest in buying the property, therefore they would need to sign a form to indicate their interest and put up a deposit as well. the deposit would varies, depending on property and how much the owner is asking.

fellow pals, anything to add on?

i really think its unfair to have the deposit taken away just because the deal is cancelled. buying property is a big deal and costs a lot. its really foolish to lose money due to initial interest. then the seller/agent bags all the money? absolute rubbish really

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    My hdb resale application has been cancelled. As a buyer, what happen to my deposit paid at the signing of OTP?
    i think it depends on the reason for cancellation. they cant just take your money for nothing

that's why i said depends on the reasons. if the cancellation is because from the buyer then as a seller, they have the right to confiscate the deposit but again all these can be negotiated, no fixed rules.