Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lift upgrading

Default lift upgrading

i understand that the payment for lift upgrading is 2 years after completion. what happens if the new owner told over the flat on year 1 and realised that he has to pay for the upgrading. who is liable to pay (the previous owner when the lift upgrading was completed or the new owner)?

wow, this is very chimp !!!.

I check with some agent, they told me they do not have such problem - cause when the property was going through transaction - HDB will actually highlight to the buyer this when the buyer go and sign the documents.

The new owner will have to pay for it according to my understanding.

ohhh.... so eventually is new owner got to pay lar. but only on transaction then inform a bit too late right, cannot back out liao. how much does a typical lift upgrading cost?

is it true that after life upgrading, the valuation of the flat can go up by about $20k - $30K?

I think valuation does normally go up after lift upgrading but I don't think the increase is going to be significantly higher than what the upgrade costs.

is it true that if you live on the floor that both lift lands on every floor, cos 1 lift goes to every floor and the other does not, does that means that when lift upgrading, i do not have to pay cos it does not affect me?

no matter what floor u stay, confirm must pay for upgrading. but pay lesser if your floor had a lift already.

my block just had the lifts upgraded. but before that, there was a vote to decide on the upgrade. 98% voted for it. so 2% not happy. but still must pay. floors without lifts before upgrade, pay 200. those with lifts pay half. so ya. thats how it went for my block

ha ok only need to pay $200 i thought like at least $5k. cos i heard that my currently flat might under go lift upgrading.

Quote Originally Posted by cookies View Post
    ha ok only need to pay $200 i thought like at least $5k. cos i heard that my currently flat might under go lift upgrading.
    i think its 200 because the cost is shared among all the households. 5k is just too crazy. thats too much. i was given the option to pay in installments