Thread: lift upgrading

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default lift upgrading

i understand that the payment for lift upgrading is 2 years after completion. what happens if the new owner told over the flat on year 1 and realised that he has to pay for the upgrading. who is liable to pay (the previous owner when the lift upgrading was completed or the new owner)?

wow, this is very chimp !!!.

I check with some agent, they told me they do not have such problem - cause when the property was going through transaction - HDB will actually highlight to the buyer this when the buyer go and sign the documents.

The new owner will have to pay for it according to my understanding.

ohhh.... so eventually is new owner got to pay lar. but only on transaction then inform a bit too late right, cannot back out liao. how much does a typical lift upgrading cost?

is it true that after life upgrading, the valuation of the flat can go up by about $20k - $30K?

I think valuation does normally go up after lift upgrading but I don't think the increase is going to be significantly higher than what the upgrade costs.

is it true that if you live on the floor that both lift lands on every floor, cos 1 lift goes to every floor and the other does not, does that means that when lift upgrading, i do not have to pay cos it does not affect me?

regardless of the price, i think its good to have a lift on every floor. it helps a lot, especially when there are many elderly folks living in the area. it also helps when u have bulky items to bring up or when u are simply tired.

only thing i dont really understand is why are the new lifts so small?

ha ha, space contraint mah. singapore very tiny only. no space for too big lift. should be contented got lift for every floor.

i agree with cookies. have the lift on every floor is already a huge blessing. not enough space, just wait for the next empty lift to load your baggage. can be done for sure. unless u gonna bring an elephant into the home. lol

come to think about it our hdb lifts can fit about 6-8 person i think and i thought that is good enough. moreover, you hardly see the lifts always packed unlike shopping malls. my flat's lift usually only has 1 or 2 other passengers with me max.