Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: what are the pros and cons of selling your own property

Default what are the pros and cons of selling your own property

many of us has issues with our property agents. some of my friends suggest that why don't we handle the property ourselves and we can save on the commission to the agent. any one has experience on this and what are the pros and cons.

I think the main thing is the hassle of having to spend time to market the property and not having the network to sell your property fast fast and at the bestest price. But many agents also only promise you that but don't deliver the goods so it really depends

if the cons are just time issue, then i rather market it myself, better control and save cost

I personally will chose not to market my own property as i find negotiation hard to do myself.

I also will feel uneasy being around the house when someone come and see the property.

is it becuase you don't like people to comment about your house. i heard some owners are like that

Not that, I feel very uncomfortable to have stranger walking in my house.

I will rather have the agent show the house and I am not at home.

meow! meow!

I will never allow anyone to sell my property when me the cat is not at home.

I will sell the flat myself, no one is to walk around my house without me around.

Who can sell my flat better than me.

Witty cat is proud will not entertain agent !! meow! meow!

i agree with witty. i will not allow agents to bring buyers to my house without me around. i need to also qualify the buyer to make sure that they are reasonably nice people. also be involve in the negotiation cos sometimes agents tend to over promise without approval from both parties and this may result in unnessary dispute.

eileen

I do not think there is a need to see if the buyers are nice people - not matchmaking here la.

No offence.

that's because i love my neighbours and i want to ensure they will still have nice neighbours even i left.